Rhuna's second, and last day picking up General Chat

Discussion in 'Gundog Forum' started by Tarimoor, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Kitkat_ and CaroleC like this.

Rhuna's second, and last day picking up

So our last day was Saturday, Rhuna did really well, it was beater's day and not many birds left, she picked 1/6 of the total bag over seven drives, so not bad.

First drive was at a duck pond, gun in front of me hit a hen pheasant which went down into a ditch, another guns' black cocker went for it, so I waited to see if it picked it. It didn't, so sent Rhuna who came straight back with it.

Second drive, was stood back behind a gun with a black cocker, marked the birds that came down, after the drive sent Rhuna to pick up, which she did brilliantly, but it was only after the drive that I realised the gun didn't use his cocker for picking up. So we swept up after him and retrieved four birds.

Not many birds for us to pick until the last drive then, and she picked some lovely birds including a runner, very pleased with the hairy black pesky thing. Wish I'd taken the camera as the weather was actually lovely inbetween snow showers!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Tarimoor likes this.
    I'm glad you had such a good day - will she be working later in the year, or do the babies come first?
  4. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Hopefully she'll be in season soon, so once pups are out of the way, we can concentrate on the new season, and I can bring on her daughter.