My fox terrier has a rash brought on by our move from Florida to Mississippi. Grooming

Discussion in 'Wire Fox Terrier' started by Sophie16, Jan 31, 2016.

?

What should we do?

Poll closed Feb 14, 2016.
  1. Certain shampoos?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Changing diet?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sophie16

Sophie16 New Member

Name:
    Jessica&Anthony
    Azz likes this.

My fox terrier has a rash brought on by our move from Florida to Mississippi.

The vet has given us TEMARIL-P. We would like to know if there's anything else that we can do as far as home remedies or conditioner that we can get her or a certain type of shampoo change her food anything??? Plz. She is a cane hair fox terrier, nine years and five months old. Man my wife had just recently adopted her from an elderly couple. We are in need of suggestions there's a lot of stuff on the Internet but we would prefer to hear from someone who knows. Bigtexasconstruction@gmail.com

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    CaroleC likes this.
    Stress can sometimes impact a dog's immune system, and if the dog was recently rehomed that might well add to how the dog is feeling.

Is she happy and settling in ok otherwise?

Coconut oil is often used as a skin conditioner - it has excellent anti-microbial properties so you might want to look into that as well.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    You say you have recently moved so it is possible that the change of water in the different areas can cause a skin rash. Are you also giving her the same food she had before because the same brand can differ in different parts of the US.

As well as Azz's suggestion of using coconut oil as a skin conditioner, it might help to only give your girl mineral water and not tap water, and check the ingredients in her food to see if there is any difference.