Red with red marks Questions

Discussion in 'German Pinscher' started by minilordnorge, Mar 9, 2016.

1. minilordnorge

minilordnorge New Member

Name:
    mini

Red with red marks

Why isn`t red with red marks / brown with brown marks allowed for the breed pinscher?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    KC spec states which colours are allowed.
    One of my Rottweiler's had white patches in the tan area on his chest.
  4. minilordnorge

minilordnorge New Member

Name:
    mini
    6JRT's likes this.
    Yes but why don`t the KC allowed them?My dog (thai ridgeback dog) Toy think it`s very supid and funny... 12107851_1229081833775584_8263914465578183363_n.jpg
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    The reason for Breed Standard discrimination in coat colour is rarely 'silly'. The usual reason for non permissible coat colours is that their very presence signifies that the dog is not purebred, ie. it would not be genetically possible for that colour to appear without there having been some dubious breeding further back in the line.

As an example, see the current controversy regarding, 'impossible', rare colours in the French Bulldog breed.
  6. minilordnorge

minilordnorge New Member

Name:
    mini
    Yes not pure breed ,after world war 2 it was only 2 female left so they breeded with 4 `big`miniatyre pinscher,and before the war there was even 2 more different collor`s in the breed.. If i didn`have dogs i had collected all brown with brown marks and made a new(old) `real`pinscher`breed for sure.
  7. minilordnorge

minilordnorge New Member

Name:
    mini
    And pure breed dosn`t have hanging ears.the humans made them ears..
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have given this some more thought. Yes, as all the current breeding stock has a narrow modern origin, even the acceptable colours must still have the same mixed breeding behind them. Given that liver and tan, (brown with red points), is acceptable in breeds such as Dobes, why then not in Pinschers?
    Interesting. I will ask at Crufts if I get the chance.
  9. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    Because you wouldn't see red marks on red and brown marks on brown?:lol:
  10. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    In some cases true, ebut that's not always the case look at Danes allowing harl but not merle, you can't have harl without the dog having merle gene. AKC Am Staff against red nose and tan point too.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I hope I have interpreted the OP's query correctly, but I did visit the German Pinscher stand at Crufts, and spoke to a doyen of the breed.
    I was told that there has never been a liver and tan specimen in the UK, and none are known in their native country. However, as pedigree dogs are coming from such diverse sources these days, that it is not impossible that one might surface at some time. It is likely that if this happened, it would provoke a discussion within the breed.