Oh bliss, oh ecstasy General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC, 6JRT's and Chris B like this.

Oh bliss, oh ecstasy

And no, I do not mean the pill of that name, but having somehow coped with fairly useless fans during the l o n g hot summers, and barely been warmed by fairly useless heaters of various kinds during the short but very cold winters, a few years ago I had two wall air-conditioning units fitted. One in the salon and one in my bedroom. But my back room, which is in between my kitchen and my bedroom was sweltering in the summer [faces West so from early afternoon was Phew, Phew, Phew] and last year [I think it was last year] I got Nir, my do-everything-and-do-it-well guy to get and fit another a/c unit in that room.

Nice. I do not need to set them on very cold - 28°C keeps the back room comfortably cool [which demonstrates how bdooly hot it is outside, and only needed from around midday until mid evening. My bedroom, which has three outside walls gets hotter, so needs 26° from around midday and stays on all night. But, my tiny kitchen has been getting more and more unbearable so I called Nir to ask if he could get a small a/c unit for me. Umm, no, he did not know of any small units in any of the stores he buys things, and because it will need more electrical work as there is no suitable sockey near where it will have to go, so suggested I called Oren, my electrician [who was recommended by Nir in the first place] as Oren is a registered electrician, and although Nir can do all electrical work he is not permitted to do so as he is not registered. Mind you, what he does in his own home is a different matter. Ahem.

So I called Oren and yesterday he came round with an older guy he said was his uncle - they had a good look and oh oh, it will need a new socket which will then have to be wired along the wall, across the doorway, covered by a conduit, and through a hole in the wall into the back room where there is a small fuse box, my main fuse box being next door. OK, how much. He will go and check. This morning he turned up early and told me how much so I gave him a cheque and an hour later both he and his uncle turned up. Five hours later everything was done [apart from concrete dust everywhere] and Oren switched it on with the remote control.

Nothing. Zilch. Oops. They then had to fit a new fuse connection and new fuse switch to the fuse box and lo and behold it switched on and now I can finally prep and cook food in my kitchen without roasting myself, and being such a small kitchen it also is fine on 28°C. Told you it was very hot here! We have had some days up to well over 40°C and we have months of high summer yet to come.

This bungalow has no interior doors. It probably did originally but then originally it was just a concrete prefabricated two rooms. So I have three-quarter length net curtains across the doorways which, surprisingly enough, function very well to keep any warmth in if I use the a/c units for a bit of heat, and are now brilliant for keeping the entire bungalow cool and comfortable. The only room which cannot be heated or cooled is the ensuite but because I can now cool or heat each room individually, it will be a lot better than it had been.

Now for the best bit. Oren and Meir were in and out all the time - the noise from regular drills and BIG drills was horrendous. The kitchen was blocked with enormous ladders, toolboxes everywhere - and my beloved little Tikki Tikva was not the slightest bit bothered. As long as she could see them she knew to keep out of their way [the door was, of course, open so they could sort out fitting the motor outside] so she was on her tether.

Bless her - she is such a good little wubble and I do love her so much.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    Sounds like the most beautiful little doggy as settled right in & is watchful of whats going on.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    So funny though - she always barks to warn me when a vehicle stops outside, but as there is no parking this side even if they stop/park the other side she tells me. But - if she recognises the person getting out, her bark changes into an excited "friend coming" one. Actually, as Oren had a lot of things to unload from his van and bring in, he actually drove onto the pavement this side while he and Meir got everything out, then he parked on my neighbour's forecourt. Or whatever it is called.

But it was absolute chaos the whole time, and apart from her tail whipping my poor legs [still have not gotten a letter from my doctor for a dermatologist but it is, I am sure, psoriasis and the homeopathic cream I bought is far better than all the different prescriptions creams and stuff she has given me over the past year], she had a good cuddle from both Oren and Meir and then let them get on with the job, keeping out of their way as they brought stuff in and set about making NOISE. And powdered concrete DUST. And lumps of concrete where Oren had to make a big hole for the whatever it was to go through to the motor outside.

Tikva was absolutely brilliant although she is far from what some people would say is well trained. No "down" as in lay down. No "give me a paw" or "roll over" or other such tricks. But she has a perfect recall, will sit and wait before she gets her food and/or the tiny treats she has at times, and when she decides it is bedtime, which was three-quarters of an hour ago [11pm my time] she stirred herself from the couch, went out and pee'd, then came in to be unclipped and have bikkie and bed in her crate, to sleep until the morning.

I am not sure how many other dogs would have put up with the noise and balagan today, but my little Tikki did, and I can now keep each room in my little bungalow at a comfortable temperature.
  5. BoerboelMom

BoerboelMom New Member

Name:
    Ife
    It sounds like your dog needs some serious training. Have you even taught her the "silent" command? It's a very simple command to teach. However, you might want to look it up on YouTube for visual instruction.

It's strange that you are using homeopathic cream when every time I suggest something homeopathic you criticize me for it XD
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pork1epe1 and 6JRT's like this.
    My puppy barks to let me know what is happening as I am extremely hard of hearing and no way will I teach her not to do so. She is in the process of learning how to be a hearing dog and her different barks tell me who is outside when I am unable to see them.

Regarding homeopathic cream, I use that on the psoriasis on my legs as it is gentler than steroids. And if you knew anything about psoriasis you might understand.

But I do not and will not "treat" my puppy and did not treat my previous dogs with your homeopathic "remedies". Or do you advertise one that treats and cures canine epilepsy like you have just done with cancer?

Kindly do not try and teach me how to look after and train dogs. I am 74 years old and have had, bred, and sometimes shown dogs without your so-called expertise. I have already reported you for advertising and I will now report you for insulting long-standing members of Breedia.

I also hope that you will take your seven-week old puppy who you think has distemper to a qualified veterinarian instead of just treating her symptoms with snake oil.