What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    CaroleC likes this.
    Warm enough during the day for Tootsy to lay out in the sun...well, muck about in the sun....pretty much all day long, but chilly enough for her to curl up next to me in bed all night.....Its a dogs life....
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    Tonight is oddly warmer than today!
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Overcast so no sun and no sun = no hot water = no shower. :mad:
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Coldest day of the winter so far here - absolutely freezing. Thick fog really isn't helping
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    We've still got a foot of snow here which doesn't look like its going to disappear for the next couple of weeks! .
  7. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    No snow here, just a cold morning!
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Been lovely here last two days, saw my first daffodil when on our walk this morning.
    Spring is on its way :)
  9. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    This morning is beyond freezing! It's 33F/1C. Hans needs a sweater to go outside to use the bathroom.
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Same here this morning Boerboel, 1C and that's without the wind-chill factor. At least the fog's gone, but it's very cloudy
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Still overcast, so still no sun, and no sun still means no hot water, and no hot water still means no shower.

[​IMG]
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    A dull minus 1° in North Stoke area. Tried to snow this morning, and I think it'sstill on the cards.
    At least the mud is frozen, so the dogs stay clean!
  13. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    The sun is shining and the sky is bright blue. If the forecast is to be believed by Saturday the temperature will be above freezing for the first time this year!
  14. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    We've hit 35F/2C! It's warming up! lol
  15. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Minus 7 last night...I have ducks chickens a and geese...I have to break the ice in their buckets of water in the morn and the lumps of ice, even from days gone past, have stayed frozen on the garden..... CHILLY here in SW France....
  16. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    I'm guessing most people on here are using Celsius. So, I will stick with that. We are up to 8 right now.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It was raining earlier but not much and not for long, so I had to keep the door closed except when Tikva wanted to go out. It is coming up to 8.40pm now and it is 19.5°C in my salon, with no heating on. But I am wrapped in so many layers of clothes, starting with a long-sleeved thermal vest and thermal long janes I can only just fit in my chair!

I am dreading getting undressed for bed though.
  18. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    The weather man's a liar and guilty of giving out fake information!

The forecast said the temperature would be above freezing today but when I opened the door this morning to let the dogs out it was a blooming -20C! To add insult to injury it then had the nerve to snow!
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Just after I posted yesterday evening we had a storm. It stopped raining just before I sent Tikva out for a final pee before she went to bed - convinced her to pee then she shot in to poo on one of the puppy pads. I told her NO - OUT so she went out and did it outside, then shot in again. Took her sweater off, unclipped her and zoom into her crate, waiting for her little bikki.

Luckily I had closed the door before sorting her out as the thunder started again and the rain bucketed down.

It has alternated between overcast but no rain, then heavy rain, then a few minutes of sun [still not enough sun for hot water for a shower] but enough for a luke-warm wash down. And so on and so forth, all day.

And it is ccccccold. Door closed all day except for the odd minute or three of sun, so Tikva was able to p&p but I do not mind if she goes on a puppy pad. After all, if she goes out I have to keep the door open while she is out and it is fffffffreeeezing and windy and the cold wind whooshes in.
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Frozen solid all day, and feels even worse with the wind chill factor. The heating is on almost all day, so goodness knows how much this quarter is going to be. However, after reading Barbara's post, I realise that it could be much worse, and as we haven't got Malka's rain either, perhaps I should be grateful for small mercies.
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The main problem is the floor [stone tiles which are on a concrete foundation], breeze-block walls which just have a thin layer of concrete each side to fill the gaps etc, just a plasterboard ceiling and nothing between it and the roof. I have had the air-con units on in all rooms - 24°C in the salon and 22°C in the other rooms, but really all it is doing is taking the chill off the place.

Basically it is because there is no insulation. Even my front door is an interior door because when this original bungalow was built it was just two rooms with a corrugated metal roof. The Moshav was originally a "tent village" and this was one of the first "proper" solid homes. When it was extended [and had electricity fitted as well as inside water the original door was blocked off and the new front doorway was as narrow as the interior doorways - so the only door that fits is an interior one, and it warps as it is not solid. My responsibility as I had the door frame moved from level with the inside wall to level outside of them so I could have a door that opened outwards, and in the 16 years I have been in this bungalow this is the third door. To have a solid wooden door made would cost a fortune - at least these are off-the-shelf ones.

But it is my home and I have a contract for life with never an increase in rent. And winter does not last long - then I will be complaining about the diabolical long hot summer!

Flippin' 'eck but the wind is howlin' like a banshee.