What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Rain Rain and more Rain.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The weather forecast said there would be no rain on Shabbat. There was. But yesterday it was OK in the morning then suddenly overcast with tiny gaps where sun could come through - no rain though

So far [at 1.30pm] there sky is beautifully blue with just a few tiny white clouds, not even the slightest breese [I am looking at the trees the other side of the road as my door is open - yippee!].

But - the terrible winds from the storms tore my flag to shreds. It is on a flagpole which I tape with Scud tape to one of the scaffolding poles that hold up my large solar panel and boiler, and now it is dry I have sort of managed to cut and unpeel the tape and get the thing down. That Scud tape is diabolical to peel off though and there are still bits on the scaffolding pole and the part of the [long] flagpole that was taped to it.
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Been in the high 50s. Not awful. Will return to mid - upper 60s for a while, then back to mid 50s for a while. Not bad at all. One heavy rain but passed in a day.
  5. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    WARM....Its warm today...I can feel spring just around the corner....fingers crossed..
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Awful, been raining solid for three days now.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6°, wet and gloomy.
  8. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Still a foot of snow here and my path and driveway are like a skating rink and treacherous to walk on. According to the (lying) weather forecaster from tomorrow onwards it'll be getting warmer so maybe if I'm lucky I might be able to get the car out on Sunday to do some shopping!

Georgina and Gwylim are having great fun watching two workmen in the garden chopping logs for me. The workmen who cut up the tree trucks a while ago left them piled on top of the smaller logs (very clever of them) and each time I needs logs for the fire I run the risk of a 20 kilo log falling on top of ME. Not a very pleasant prospect
  9. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    47F/8C - COLD, but sunny!
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Light rain during the night, with alternating overcast and some sun today, but very cold. When my driver turned up with my meds this morning he was more wrapped up than I have ever seen him - even a scarf round his neck.
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Glimpse of sun but the wind is gale force.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    They say it's 9°C. Wet, gloomy and very windy.
    @GsdSlave The forecast map for your region looks dreadful for this weekend! Stay warm and dry if you can.
  13. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Thanks Carole, don’t know why but ive never liked wind, here we are on a hill and very open and the winds seem strong at the best of times, today on walk it was one step forward and two back must admit I was glad to get home and so was Heiko for once.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Sunny outside but cold indoors. The skinny thing would not let me put her sweater on this morning so when we lose the sun she will wish she had let me.
  15. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    The weather here is horrible! We had rain last night which started to wash away the snow and this morning woke to thick fog, slush and sheet ice.

The tummy bug I had a few days ago has come back and I'm feeling like a wet rag. Can't keep anything down for more than an hour and I'm feeling so cold all I want to do is go back to bed and sleep but of course aren't able to because of the dogs.

They're being very good though. Georgina's lying outside on the mat guarding the house and Gwylim's snuggled up with me watching some stupid film on TV.
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    I hope you are feeling better soon Barbara. It is amazing how the dogs can mither for attention when you are just feeling under the weather, but seem to know when to let you rest when you have no reserves left.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    I hope you feel better soon Barbara :052:
  18. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Calm after the storm, no rain (yet) and not a puff of wind.
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Though it was frosty overnight, and still is in the shadows, we have a strange very bright blob in the sky today!
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    But tonight it's back to wind and rain. Sigh!
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli