Cocker vs Field Spaniel

Discussion in 'Field Spaniel' started by kobi, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    See the yellow ball? Want to hurry and up throw it? :lol:

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I have one who comes training who is totally obsessed with Balls. He has limited time with them now, but one of the exercises we do in class is a search - which he of course Loves! He knows he has to wait in the other room before he can come into search to rushes to the door to be let out......but finds it really hard to let go of the Ball before he gets there......you can see his mental anguish at this terrible catch -22 situation!
  4. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    :lol: love it, just sounds like my two, their mission in life is search and find (and destroy if it's a tennis ball!) :lol:

The other day at agility we had been teaching "tunnel." As the class finished I was standing talking to my friend across the field.

Copper was getting more and more freaked out that no one was throwing a tennis ball for him anymore, so he picked up his ball and ran across the entire football sized field, through the tunnel at the other end and back to us, with a look of "right I went through the bloody tunnel, now throw the freaking ball!!!!!!!" :lol:
  5. topbarks

topbarks New Member

Name:
    Mark
    Saw this pic which drew me to the thread initially as this is my Alfie, just to make clear he is a working cocker and not a field.
    [​IMG]
    I can't imagine him staying still enough for this. Wallace (my field and I are on the far right)
    [​IMG]

really lucky with Alfie, he is a trainers dream, loves food, loves toys, loves to work, he is one in a million.
    Wallace the field is just a pup and far more challenging, but still getting there.

nice video of some training with both dogs here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx6E5xoWKhk
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
  6. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    Can really see the difference now, thanks Mark. Wallace is gorgeous (Alfie too!) :grin:
  7. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Just had to post a couple of pics of a proper working liver cocker, this lad belongs to the OH, and he can move ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)
  8. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    Whats his breeding Tarimoor? Is he from Lowforge? He is stunning.
  9. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    He's jointly bred by Contrail and Lowforge, can't remember his pedigree, but he's a stunning dog, and loves a cuddle, as most cockers do. :)
  10. topbarks

topbarks New Member

Name:
    Mark
    Ahem, you trying to say my boys are not working cockers? they are easily offended LOL
    Beautiful pics by the way
  11. Love spaniels

Love spaniels New Member

Name:
    Heather
    My black and white handsome working Badger court Springer is 12 years old and is starting to slow down on walks now, he weighs 21 kg. fab dog a really lovely cuddly dosser indoors and also speed merchant. Will post a picture when I figure out how to. Would love to own another of similar breeding.