Dogue de Bordeaux not eating Rescue

Discussion in 'Dogue de Bordeaux' started by She, Dec 14, 2017.

1. She

She New Member

Name:
    Shelagh

Dogue de Bordeaux not eating

Hi I have a 5 year old Dogue (Reggie) I’ve been fostering him for a while and have now adopted I’m. He’s had a very bad start in life but had settled in well upon till this weekend when he started vomiting and since then he’s hardly eating anything. I’ve had him to the vets for a check up his weight has gone up to 39.5 kilos and can’t afford to start loosing again, I would appreciate any help or advice thanks .
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    She and GsdSlave like this.
    You really need to know the reason why he is being sick. What did the vet think the problem was, and did they give you any medication?
    You could try tempting him with some scrambled egg and cheese, or sardines in tomato sauce - then begin to mix in some of his normal food when he begins to show interest.
  4. She

She New Member

Name:
    Shelagh
    The vet said it maybe just a stomach upset and gave him an injection ,iveee tried he eggs and sardines cereal etc, I’m going to take him back tomorrow morning if he doesn’t have his breakfast
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    She likes this.
    Poor Reggie - is it possible he picked up something and ate it while he was out? You say he has been vomiting - has he passed normal poos? I do hope he will be OK - please let us know how he is getting on.
  6. She

She New Member

Name:
    Shelagh
    Reggie passed away this afternoon the vet said his heart was enlarged and he had fluid on his lungs to say I’m heartbroken is an understatement but thanks for your help it was very much appreciated
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    She likes this.
    So sorry for your loss x
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    She likes this.
    I am so shocked and saddened to hear this.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    She likes this.
    Oh no - I am so very sorry. Sleep tight dear Reggie, and run free at The Rainbow Bridge with all of ours that will be waiting for him.

You and Reggie were not here long on Breedia, but I am sure sure when I say that we all feel your loss.

May Reggie's name be for a memory.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    She likes this.
    I am so sorry to read this. Well done for fostering, and then adopting Reggie, at least he ended his life knowing that he was loved. A very sad result though.
  11. She

She New Member

Name:
    Shelagh
    Thank you all for being so kind x