Norwegian Buhund Introductions

Discussion in 'Norwegian Buhund' started by Ela-b, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Ela-b

Ela-b New Member

Name:
    Elaine

Norwegian Buhund

Hi,
    We have a new puppy and she is coming on a treat,does anyone know of any agility clubs in the West Yorkshire area please or places where people don't mind her mixing with their dogs she is very sociable and loves people.
    Thanks Elaine image.jpeg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave and Ela-b like this.
    Hi Elaine, welcome to the forum. I would have a look at Agilitynet.co.uk They have an A-Z list of Agility clubs and are the go to site for all things Agility.
    The Kennel Club also has a list of clubs in your area, I notice that there are clubs in the Huddersfield and Wakefield areas.
    You will not be allowed to compete in Agility until your dog is 18 months old, and, even with a lightweight breed, I would be cautious about doing much actual jumping before nine or ten months or so. I would pick a club which starts off with the Kennel Club Good Citizen Scheme, and has a progression on to Agility classes after that course.
    Good luck with your Buhund, she's lovely.
  4. Ela-b

Ela-b New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you very much Carole that's good information will look in to them thanks for the advice
    Elaine
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Elaine - welcome to you and your gorgeous puppy to Breedia from Tikva and me :039:

I cannot give you any advice, sorry, because I do not know anything about Agility, nor do I live in England - I just wanted to welcome you and you and your :049: puppy!

But I do know that Carole is correct about about doing much actual jumping - she should have tried to convince my mini monster about that, who thought she was Zebedee and has not stopped jumping since she first discovered how to!:026:
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    GsdSlave, Malka and CaroleC like this.
    All agility with youngsters should concentrate more on handling - left and right turns etc and poles on the ground, hoops (in place of tyre) on the ground etc. As said, more to do with handler directional control and just the start of the introduction to equipment. It's worth it because you are also teaching your dog self-control when working around other dogs. Everything should be fun with no force at all.

I used to run my outdoor (including agility) classes at Brierley on the West Yorkshire border. Very much the fun variety rather than competition, but everyone including me had a ball
  7. Ela-b

Ela-b New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Hi, Malka

Thank you for the welcome , I have the same bouncy puppy we should have called her princess she thinks she is too good for the floor
  8. Ela-b

Ela-b New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Thanks Chris for the advice will look out for local club
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    My little booger who was only 3 weeks old when she came to me, started jumping before she could even walk properly! Still needing bottle feeding as she was unweaned, but you have no idea what she could get up to. I am still wondering how I survived, let alone that shrimp!