Ear Drops (the dangers) off topic posts General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Ear Drops (the dangers) off topic posts

No gadgets here Chris - I do not have a door bell - people just bang on the door. And I do not have a smoke alarm because there are none. There is nothing. Nothing. Only my private emergency service which is useless. FIVE hours yesterday I waited for a doctor - which I will have to pay for. Two ambulances, arrived, which I will have to pay for, a houseful of paramedics, which I will have to pay for, and what help did I get?

Gornisht.

Nothing.

I fell in the middle of the road and nobody stopped to help me get back on my chair, and my back hurts. Bad. But eventually got back and pressed my button - useless for help. So I have to pay for the doctor, who did not come, and ambulances, and treatment at the hospital where I would to go but refused, more money, and what am I going to do with Tikva? I have to get her supper ready now and I do not know how.

My emergency button is useless and I have nobody to help me.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Juli. I hope you are OK. You really do need to find a sitter or arrange with the Pension (?) to take care of her when you are ill or have an accident. It sounds like you need the hospital to have a look at you
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    This happened yesterday and I think, and hope I have been posting normally but I do not know. The Pension will take Tikki but I need to have her with me. Why else would I have a reason to get up? And no way will I go near that hospital again. I have managed to give her her supper - late but she did not ask for it until late.

I actually want to to go to bed as I have not been able to eat but Tikva is zonking on the couch and I do not want to disturb herb her and Zanadu keeps me upright, sort of, so I do not know what to do. I just want something to stop this pain. Paracetamol is useless.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Do you have a doctor who can do a home visit if you phone through to the surgery?
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    if not, is there an out of hours pharmacy? Could someone get hold of any Co-Codamol for you? I think it is the strongest analgesic that you can get over the counter.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Doctors do not do home visits here which is why have to pay for my useless private service.

Simple answers? I do not know if there is an out of hours pharmacy and I have nobody to go and get anything for me. I am trying to cope with just 4 paracetamol a day, spread out - I know the safe maximum is 8 a day but I am scared to take more then 4 and I will not take anything stronger.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Can you take Ibuprofen? Perhaps 4 paracetamol and 4 Ibuprofen may help. They don't interact together so quite safe to take both. I do hope you are feeling better soon, but do wish you could get a professional opinion on your condition Juli. xx
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No - Ibuprofen is an nonsteroiod anti-inflamatory [NSAID] and guess what - they are all allergens to me. Like all opiods and all anti-biotics. Looks like I will have to sit this out but no way am I am going to the hospital.

Now more balagan. Cars, cars, cars - I thing someone has died, so sorry, but I cannot let Tikki out as she is going crazy. Shabbat in a few minutes so no cars tomorrow but then a week of them. Means the door closed all day. Just when I feel so bad - breathing not good either.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Dog will not go out as there is a car parked immediately outside my door a very long way away from next door so will be here all tomorrow. Which means she will have to pee on the floor in the back room. Which means even if I want an ambulance they will not be able to get here.

And poo on the puppy pad in the salon. Well I can mop the floor and have hundreds of puppy pads and I am sorry if the old boy next door died but that little house is a hell of a long way away from here and now an ambulance can not get to my home.

And Tikva can not go out to pee or poo.
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    If your breathing isn't good, I can't see why you won't go to the hospital. You don't want to die, do you? Nobody here can help you. If your dog was in this type of distress, wouldn't you get her to a healthcare professional ASAP? Why not do the same with yourself?
  12. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Juli, @mjfromga has some very sage advice. You need to take care of yourself in order to take care of Tikva. We can listen but that’s all we can do...
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    My vet has a 24 hour service and comes out. He also has the code for the gates, which are closed at night and all over shabbat, and he has a contact number for someone who has a key to my house.

And if you wanted to lie in a bed wearing an adult diaper which is not changed from morning to evening, then another one from evening until morning, you would not want to go to the hospital either.

And for your information, arrangements have been made for Tikva and I am being taken to a different hospital tomorrow.

Happy now Myra?
  14. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    You know what? I was merely concerned about you and your mental and physical health. It didn't seem like you were being rational. The comparison was just for emphasis and was an example. I never said I thought the dog was in any danger. But since I see you definitely ARE your usual self now with how rude all of that was, I am indeed happy now, Malka.

And for your information, if lying in the diaper meant I wouldn't die... I would do it in a heartbeat. Whatever grudge you're holding against me and for whatever reason, you're probably better off dropping it. It might improve your hypertension you've mentioned multiple times.

But don't worry, next time I won't give a crap since it isn't appreciated. You can complain to yourself and have one less person care about your well being since that is what you seem to want.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Myra, for your information I have Cauda Equina Syndrome due to my broken back, which means I have no over control over my bowels and bladder. Nor do I know when it happens because I have no feeling. I wear an incontinence pad and have to change it maybe eight times a day.

To lay in a sodden and messed diaper all day and then all night is not fun. You would not lie in a diaper like that so why should I?

I had to wait until Tikva was arranged for, and a different hospital before I could sort things out.

I had no choice.
  16. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    I'm glad your getting sorted out now, Juli. Make sure you do as the hospital tell you and do not refuse admission or sign yourself out. You need a full MOT girl so let 'em do their job x
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It will be a difference hospital not one where I am told "you Americans expect everything" but I am not American but I will not have Russian nurses not let me to to the loo. Or spend five days without letting me have a shower have to spend in a foul and sodden nappy.

Would you?
  18. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    How could you be confused for an American? You do not sound American at all. Is it because you are white? What a bunch of idiots at that hospital! I meant no harm with what I said and was only worried about you. And no sitting in such a fouled diaper wouldn't be fun at all and poses a health risk.

I've been to terrible hospitals before as well. I've been misdiagnosed and allowed to suffer. It sucks but when I had a hemoglobin count of 3 and was about to die if I didn't get a blood transfusion, you can best believe I sucked it up and stayed there.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The majority of the nurses are Russian and to them all English speakers are American [they go by the accent in Ivrit]. Nothing to do with colour - Israelis are white.

Now if you will please excuse me, I have to get both Tikva and myself ready to be picked up.
  20. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Good luck, Juli x