Malka/Julie Health

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Chris B, Nov 2, 2018.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC likes this.
    Who does this social worker work for? I think someone needs to call her boss and report her for not doing her job. It isn’t fair to you and you deserve better. Why be a social worker if you don’t care? That’s a job that takes someone with a big heart. She obviously doesn’t... wishing you a speedy as possible recovery
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Marc - thank you for your good wishes. social workers are from the welfare department of the Municipalities [towns] or Local Authorities outside of towns. I never asked for, or wanted a social worker but being registered as disabled [80% physical, 20% medical] I was automatically assigned a social worker. The one I had when I lived in town, which was still fairly small then but has now quadrupled since I first lived there, was fine.

My moshav is in the Hof Ashqelon region and the Local Authority covers the whole of the region, which has moshavim and kibbutzim.

Since I have lived on the moshav, which is about 23 years now, I have had four non-working so-called social workers. The first one came to see me maybe twice in ten or years. The second one also maybe twice. Then there was another one, also maybe twice. Third one - ditto. Fourth who I saw just once, and since her there have been two ?? others, and I have not a clue about them - except they took one look at little Tikva and stood outside "dogs bite".

And the one who turned up after I was home from hospital said that she had called round before but I was not at home. No, I was in hospital and she knew that because the hospital social worker, who was good, telephoned and told the LA welfare department that I was in hospital. She was sitting beside my bed at the time when she called them.

Sure I can telephone the so-called welfare department at the LA, get put through to various voice-mails, leave a messages to please call me... gornisht. However, Amit managed to get through by pulling rank as a senior emergency paramedic, hence the supposed visit by my latest social worker yesterday, did not arrive.

I do not want, or need a social worker but being stuck with them - they are supposed to call in regularly to check that I am OK. All I want is for them, or someone, to find me someone to come and help me and do a bit of cleaning maybe twice a week for a couple of hours. Is that too much to ask?
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka likes this.
    I haven't been around much as I've had visitors staying for the past month so have only just caught up with the news.

Anyway Malka, just take care of yourself and that precious little girl of yours. All our love and God Bless from us all in Hungary XXXXX

[​IMG]
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Another great helper - Hai from the macolet across the road. I just have to telephone him and he either brings what I want, if he has it, or he orders it for me. And - he pops over to put a new container of Mei Eden mineral water on my water m/c.

An hour or so ago when I went to make some instant miso soup the hot water tap started dripping - due to the heat of the water the rubber on the tap starts leaking and needs replacing after some months. I know how to do it and Mei Eden always sends me spare taps if I ask. But the water container needs taking off first, so I called Hai and asked if he could pop over as no way can I lift a container even if it is only half full. New tap fitted and container back on. :)

Asked him for a few things, he had a couple of things and has ordered the others, gave him my Isracard to pay up to date [I usually pay my a/c at the end of each month], and asked if he could please let me have 400 shekalim from the ATM he has connected to the computer there. That is automatically paid by my Isracard. As I mainly wanted soya yoghurts and he does not normally keep them in stock, he orders them specially for me. :023:
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    It is two weeks since my doctor and the nurse came round - with Amit who pushed them, and then my new non-working so-called social worker. Since then, gornisht - nothing.

I cannot get out even though Xanadu can cope with the bumps up and down "dropped" kerbs because my back cannot. I need my mail so have been trying to find someone to take my key and check my mailbox, which will only take a couple of minutes - have called out to a couple of people I know when they have walked past and always get the "sorry, I do not have time". I would not wish my present situation on anyone, but... If there are large packets or cartons then the mailman brings them over here, but things that fit in the mailbox just get stuffed in.

I am OK for food for myself, Tikva has her bone breakfasts which I somehow managed to pack and freeze, and Mikhaël is bringing round 2kg each of turkey gizzards and turkey hearts. The hearts are open frozen in trays and just shoved loose in a large plastic bag to put in Pereg's freezer, so not really too difficult, but the gizzards will have to be individually packed for freezing. Still, once they are done that will be her supper sorted for a while, as I have a load of frozen vegetables for her.

Tikki has really been good - she is always good but she seems to be extra good at the moment, except when she has her mad toy attacks but at least she does not strew them around the yard, just indoors where I can get them with my picker-upper!

I love that little wubble so very much.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry your back has not improved yet. Perhaps Mikhaël will collect your mail for you.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Mikhaël will not have time Carole - he closes the stall [it is like an open-fronted shop with metal shutters in the front] around 8pm, has to check everything, cash up etc, so it is usually around 9pm, if not later, when he pops in on his way home.

He usually rushes in, puts the bag/s of stuff on the sink unit in the kitchen, and rushes out. If it is late he does not even wait to be paid, just says to pay him next time.

He and Tirtza are lovely people - I think they live 2 or 3 houses up the road from me - and they work so hard. Their poultry is always so fresh so whatever I get from them can go in my refrigerator until I have packed and frozen everything.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Meat delivered at just gone 9pm and now in the refrigerator awaiting packing/freezing - and Mikhaël said he wanted to take Tikki home with him!
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Still no sign of my so-called non-working social worker - nor has Shula, the nurse, been round to check my BP. And I still have not heard from Olga if she has changed my BP pills from Enalapril [an ACE inhibitor] to one I can tolerate without the side effects of a non-stop dripping nose and a dry cough which hurts.

My back is as bad as ever and paracetamol is just not helping, but I am trying to do one chore a day, although when I will be able to do the washing I do not know. I desperately need some help but nobody is interested.

However, I finally got my mail this morning! The mailman had to deliver a small carton from iHerb yesterday so I asked him if he could please bring over whatever is in my mailbox on his way home - he lives up the road - which he did! :)

And Tikki is still being extra good, Bless her.
    [​IMG]
  11. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Chris B likes this.
    Oh Malka, I am so sorry you are going through this with no one to help. I did not know you were feeling poorly until now as I have not been on this forum in a while. I am hoping you find relief from the back pain and the help you so badly need.

~Jessica