Legal for another year! General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.

Legal for another year!

After years of weekly telephone calls to Vadim when first Lexi, then Pereg, and now Tikva needed their rabies shots, and him eventually turning up without warning, [last year it was two or three months late], I tried twice to call him this year but gave up. It was not due until about the 12th but knowing Vadim he would turn up, eventually, but I would rather it be a bit early than worry about it being late.

Last year it was a young woman vet who turned up - Vadim had obviously brought her, and today? I was in the loo and heard Tikki barking to tell me someone was outside [the door was partially open] so I called out to wait, and it was a different young woman. I could not make head nor tail of what she was saying - something about "the dog" but so heavily accented that I do not know what language she was speaking. I thought she meant she was frightened of Tikva but then she showed me a syringe with a needle and said "rubbis" - which got the response from me - ah, kalevet! Rabies!

Vadim had brought her, he was parked across the road, waving as he started to drive off, and Tikki danced on her hind legs as if she was waving back!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Port Tikki, she just want to say hello to him & get a cuddle
    It must put your mind at rest now she has had the rabies jab
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It was a her, not a him Philippa! But Tikki did get a little cuddle after she had had the jab - by doing her usual. She does not jump up, just stands on her hind legs and leans against legs so that whoever it is does not have to bed down to pat her. Not everyone, just those that she is sure will not be able to resist her pleading eyes!

As for the rabies shot - I have not heard of any rabies scares although there are outbreaks in wild animals at times, but nothing near anywhere that has needed to be quarantined. But it is mandatory so I am always relieved when Tikva's card is signed and the inoculation is registered. She does not mind having jabs and at least this one I do not have to pay for!
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's always better to be safe than sorry especially with such a nasty disease as rabies.

Rosie likes to say hello to everyone. She will only jump on them if they directly engage her and, if they do, my thoughts are that it's their fault if they get much on their trousers :). She has loads of friends now and she has brought us into her circle so we all have quite a get together most days for coffee at Mcdonalds - all thanks to my little Rosie who is the only dog there so she gets tons of cuddles :)

The bonus of having a dog really does reap tons of reward