Help to identify my humane society pup Questions

Discussion in 'Rhodesian Ridgeback' started by Lola 2018, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Lola 2018

Lola 2018 New Member

Name:
    Tina

Help to identify my humane society pup

Hello,
    I joined this forum for some help identifying my new puppy, Lola. On October 25th of this year I adopted a spayed female puppy from the Gulf Coast Humane society in Fort Myers, FL. I was told at that time that she was a Hound Mix born roughly the end of July 2018. Since then many people have told me that they're certain that she resembles a Rhodesian Ridgeback. I started to research the breed and I realized that she does look a lot like the breed however, my puppy doesn't have the famous "Ridge" I have read that many RR are born without the Ridge. Since adopting Lola she has been updated with all of her immunizations during her last visit the vet looked at her teeth and predicted that she's actually a bit older than we were told by the Humane society. She's guessed to be about 5-6 months old
    She currently weighs about 30 plus lbs. and her height is 17-18" she seems a bit small when compared to the description I'm reading online. Could anyone tell me their thoughts? I will also upload photos too. Lola has a white marking on her chest and she also has white on her two hind paws
    Thank you!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Do you have a photo?

Perhaps also look at Vislas as they are very similar in looks when young :)