Trish and Mouse Jan 31st Photos

Discussion in 'Mastiff' started by LMost, Feb 1, 2019.

1. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Brunniebabe likes this.

Trish and Mouse Jan 31st

Well figured I'd give the bad news.

Trish most likely had another mini stroke the end of last week. She is home and starting end of Feb she will have a home care aid while I'm at work.

Biggest problem I see is the aid and how protecting Mouse has now become of her.
    Hopefully I can take some time off at the beginning and that way get him used to another person being around and touching her.

Trish can no longer get up without help and needs help even with her walker.

Me, her daughter and a friend are keeping her covered as far as someone here at all times, but Mouse has known all since he was 8 weeks.

Here is his new mode and very few are allow near Trish.

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh Larry, I am so sorry to read this. I hope the carer is a dog lover, and is able to strike up a relationship with Mouse. Do you still have the puppy whose photos you posted?
    You have managed the situation brilliantly so far, and have my respect.
    Sending love to Trish, I do hope she can regain some strength. Life can be cruel, you both deserve a little luck.
  4. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Brunniebabe likes this.
    yes we still have him he's a bit of a handful currently, but all and all a good dog.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    There is nothing I can add to Carole's message. The situation is heart-breaking - all I can do is keep Trish in my prayers.

Sending love, and many thanks to you and Mouse for looking after her.
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    So sorry to hear that Trish has had a setback. Please give her my very best wishes.

If you can arrange for you, your daughter or friend who usually does care duties to be there for the first few weeks of new carers coming in, it will be easier for Mouse to accept them. Get the regular carers to take the new carer initially over to the couch, then to touch Trish, and then to help move her etc.

Your difficulty will come if a new carer is sent in. Make sure the care providers know that they can't substitute a carer without advance warning to you.

All the very best of luck. I hope everything goes smoothly. xxx
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Brunniebabe likes this.
    That's sad to hear. My dad has had strokes and I know how bad it can be.

I know this isn't exactly the right place to put this, but those Coca Cola's I see there are what took my father down with strokes. He drank like 6+ per day and they're SO bad for you.

Mouse is a HUGE dude. He's bigger than she is! I would be concerned too. If he decided to guard her resource style, someone can get hurt. Hopefully all will be well.
  8. Brunniebabe

Brunniebabe New Member

Name:
    Gail
    Larry so sorry to hear about Trish :(... the career needs to be alerted about Mouse and I hope he can adjust to them helping Trish.

I have health problems regarding seizures and my Bruno was like Mouse and wouldn't let nobody touch me, even a guard was put up and he still took that down.

He's watching over her bless him and my heart goes out to you both [​IMG]
  9. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    CaroleC likes this.
    This is an old thread but I was wondering if there are any updates? Take care and I hope this finds you well.