Cav KC Spaniel best feed Discussions

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Tom Manson, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Tom Manson

Tom Manson New Member

Name:
    Tom

Cav KC Spaniel best feed

We have a new CKCS puppy and she is starting to resist eating her meals. We are wondering if there is a recommended feed that many are already using. We have been buying Purina Pro Plan (small breed) at Pet Smart (based on our vet's recommendation because it is what we successfully fed our older cav's years ago with excellent success, but this last trip to the store, all Pet Smart had in this line was "Toy breed" which we reluctantly bought but are now questioning it even more. I think it is just too "boring" for her because it so easy for her to eat. Any suggestions?

Thaks,
    Tom
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    You could try just allowing Sadie a set time to eat her meal before removing it till the next feeding time.
    Or,
    You could add something a little more interesting to her kibble, to encourage her to clear her dish. As she is so small, and I am a softie, I would be inclined to mix in a little good quality tinned puppy meat, (or tray cooked food), to her kibble, and see if that helps.
    Don't be tempted to overfeed though, just because she is a little one.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    Try pouring a little warm stock over it. It enhances the smell and makes it more attractive.

Alternatively mix in a little tinned dog food - same effect - makes it more attractive