Akita make can I add another akita male Suggestions

Discussion in 'Help / Suggestions' started by Billy Leon, May 26, 2019.

1. Billy Leon

Billy Leon New Member

Name:
    Billy Utah

Akita make can I add another akita male

I have a male Akita I recently got a puppy Akita male also. Can it work between them
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC and GsdSlave like this.
    I wouldn’t have recommended it, it’s generally not recommended, but there is a member here that did have 2 male Akitas and she said it worked for her. I’d say that’s rare and not the norm. Did the person you got the pup from know you already had a male? It will definitely be ok for awhile but could change once the pup starts to mature. Are you prepared or set up to keep them separate if need be, or find a new home for one? They don’t rehome that well...

I have a male and a female Akita. Previously I had a male Akita and he had only one dog friend, another male from the same litter. They were lifelong friends, but when I’d watch him for my friend they had to be separated for meals and all bones cleaned up from the yard and house, and they’d get sick of each other after about a week.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you, I think they are awesome dogs. Do you have any photos you can post? Let us know how things go
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    It can be done but it’s the exception rather than the norm.
    I had 2 male akitas and male Gsd living quite happily together, however this is not always how it pans out and I was very lucky to have them living amicably.