Puppies General Chat

Discussion in 'West Highland White Terrier' started by Carol Ann, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Carol Ann

Carol Ann New Member

Name:
    Carol

Puppies

Good evening. We lost our dear little Westie last October. It’s taken me until now to even consider getting another dog but the house isn’t the same without a dog and we have so much love to give. I’d love a Westie puppy but don’t want to search online for fear of being duped by puppy farmers. A friend suggested a Westie Forum might be a good place to ask about puppies and if anyone knows of pups for sale? Can anyone help please?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Are you in the UK? I suspect that you might be.
    I would contact the breed club - they usually know which breeders have puppies, and all breed club members have to sign that they agree to a code of ethics, which should be available on the site.
    There are WHWT Clubs in Scotland, ( the parent club for Westies), in England, and in Wales. The contact details are on Google, or you can look on the Kennel Club site under Breed Clubs.
    The Kennel Club also has an Assured Breeder register for every breed. This register may include private or commercial breeders, all of whom have been inspecteded by a KC inspector, for best practice in husbandry and record keeping.
  4. Carol Ann

Carol Ann New Member

Name:
    Carol
    Chris B likes this.
    I am in the UK and I will now do as you suggest - thank you for your response