Mexican Hairless Discussions

Discussion in 'Mexican Hairless' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Mexican Hairless

Mexican Hairless
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. cheryla

cheryla New Member

HIya,

Thought I'd say how wonderfull a breed this is. I am a member of the UK mexican hairless club and cant wait to see more over here!

They have a fantastic history and are wonderfull characters!

Will ask my friend if its ok to post a pic of her dogs on here

Cheryl
    Kent, UK
  4. Diane

Diane New Member

Name:
    Diane
    yes please Cheryl, can you tell me why some of these have hair and some dont or am I on the wrong breed. I'm sure the ones with hair are called powderpuffs or something similar?
  5. cheryla

cheryla New Member

hiya,

The breed your thinking of are the chinese crested, although mexican hairless (or Xoloitzcuintli, prononced show-low-its-quint-li) also can be born with hair. the coated variety differ greatly in colour.
    There was a breed booth at discover dogs and crufts this year (and for a few years before too).
  6. Deccy

Deccy New Member

Name:
    n/a
    We have classes for them over here at the FCI shows, and there was one at the Combined Canine show last April. We watched it in the group, a very distinctive breed standard I would guess as it resembles nothing else I have seen in construction, fascinating to see. This particular one is already a multiple champion in other countries according to the catalogue so a well respected example, what is the temperament/character like?
  7. minky

minky New Member

Name:
    Jules
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] how lovely are they!:smt007 :smt007 :smt007
  8. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Is there anyone on here who knows of a breeder in the UK that breeds the miniatures (or toys I think they are also called) upto 14"? It's a breed I've been looking at for a while. Are there any books ont he breed also?
    Becky
  9. BRANDLY

BRANDLY New Member

Name:
    GATYRA
    I on the wrong breed. I'm sure the ones with hair are called powderpuffs or something similar?
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Long haired Chinese Crested are called Powderpuffs.