Digging Questions

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Kash's Mama, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Kash's Mama

Kash's Mama New Member

Name:
    Amber

Digging

Hey everyone. I have a question for you all with Mals. Do any of your Mals like to dig in the yard? Whenever we are outside for long periods of time we find holes everywhere in the yard. Anyone have ideas of how to get him to stop or is this just "doggie" nature?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Marine6212

Marine6212 New Member

Name:
    Marine6212
    Sounds like the Mal is living outside, if the dog is digging holes all over the yard he might be board. You need to work his mind and his energy.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I’ve had diggers in the past you really have to be there to prevent it, I used to keep them occupied, to help distract them
    Some people will make a sandbox type of thing so the dogs have a specific spot to dig and hide stuff their for them to find
  5. Kash's Mama

Kash's Mama New Member

Name:
    Amber
    No, he is not an outside dog. He is an inside dog but we do take him out to potty and play fetch and run him.
  6. Kash's Mama

Kash's Mama New Member

Name:
    Amber
    I kind of like the idea of a sandbox and having him look for things. I believe he smells moles that I have had in the past due to the holes being random in the yard. He loves walking in the woods behind our house because of all the wildlife we have- which I know works his sensing.