Diet Food recommendation for senior GSP Questions

Discussion in 'German Longhaired Pointer' started by lorieg, Apr 11, 2020.

1. lorieg

lorieg New Member

Name:
    lorieg

Diet Food recommendation for senior GSP

Hi,
    I am new to this site and hope I can get some helpful tips and information regarding my GSP.

Our girl turns 12 next month and I need to change her dog food as she needs to lose weight. She is currently on a bison grain free food, and our vet said when we switch foods, to use one with grain.
    I'd like to hear what recommendations people have for a good healthy food that will help her lose some weight.

I look forward to your responses
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    lorieg likes this.
    As I don't know of a bison dog food, I suspect that you may not be in the UK. As we have different brands here, I don't think I can be of much use. I can only suggest that you look for a food which is formulated for veteran dogs. I do have to watch the waistlines with my 11 and 12 years old Beagles, and they have Autarky white fish and potato lite, with a smaller meal of Arden Grange veteran at suppertime.
    I suppose it would depend whether your GSP is overweight or lean. Maybe someone else will jump in with a specific suggestion for you.
    Welcome to the forum anyway.
  4. lorieg

lorieg New Member

Name:
    lorieg
    Carol,
    Yes you are right, I am not in the UK, we are in the US and I am not familiar with the foods you mentions. I am looking at foods for senior dogs and weight loss foods as well.
    Way to many choices!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    lorieg likes this.
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    lorieg likes this.
    Nutrisource has senior and weight management foods