Orange stains on my westie's coat Grooming

Discussion in 'West Highland White Terrier' started by Mrs Christina Parkes, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Mrs Christina Parkes

Mrs Christina Parkes New Member

Name:
    Tina

Orange stains on my westie's coat

My Lily, who is 7, has always had a brilliant white coat. See her pic on my profile as example. I moved last August 2019. Shortly after she began to get orange stains on her feet and beard - not her eyes though. Two things had changed. 1) I changed her diet slightly (other foods remained the same) from Butcher's to ?.? And where I walked her. In my previous home Lily mainly had the run of a shingle based large garden although occasionally the front garden which was all lawn. Since moving, I have no garden of my own so I walk her on public land that has lots of grassland but filled with endless weeds. So... I have reverted her diet to her original foods firstly to see if it could be that. If it's not her diet then it must be the terraine.. I do hope not because it's practically impossible to correct the whereabouts of her exercise areas.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kyle mccarrell

Kyle mccarrell New Member

Name:
    Kyle Mccarrell
    hi, my westies have this also. The vet thinks its saliva from chewing/possibly irritation from a grain in their food.
    We changed to wainrights grain free turkey and veg and what a difference :)
  4. Mrs Christina Parkes

Mrs Christina Parkes New Member

Name:
    Tina
    I have tried grain free, no change. Lily has been fostered for the last 10 weeks as I am shielding. She has just come home but still, unfortunately, has orange feet and mouth.
    So from that I deduce that it is not the terrain that she is walking on! Not sure where to go next.