Staffy Mum Husky Dad Discussions

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by ljru1970, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Yes I've heard that too. Most people have never heard of endorsements and are shocked that a breeder would want to stop their pups being used. Sadly many people seem to think that breeding is right, when it's actually a privilege.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    A staff x husky was left tethered by its own lead in the hail storm yesterday with the message "My name is Bock. Please find me a home."

:(
  4. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    dont know where you are all getting the 'dodgy cross' bit from..powerfull jaws and i think caesarians were even mentioned :?

as said both are nice dogs...and i havnt met a horrible one of the mix yet..but still stick with my earlier points,

also i have to say that it keeps being mentioned about staffies in rescue and being pts....please spare a thought for my beloved sibes! which the same is happening to :cry: :cry:
  5. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab

I see an increasing number of Huskies and Mals at our local parks and some of the owners look like they are struggling. I'm guessing these breeds are really victims of their own beauty - they are so stunning to look at, people probably don't look beyond that and then can't cope with them. Certainly the Mals that I have met are GORGEOUS but sooooooo blinking STRONG!

I'm not surprised more are ending up in rescue; it's really sad. We have to hope and pray that the number of Huskies and Mals won't reach the level of Staffs, the sheer number of Staffs being euthanised is horrendous.

I really love the Malamutes but I know I would never be the right owner for this breed, so I have to make do with making a big fuss of the ones I meet :)
  6. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    Nope, it makes them absolutely ALL bad :?

The OP did not post any details of this person whatsoever, so what are you on about there? :?

And yep, definitely worthy of being deleted, I have better things to do with my time than try and educate the willfully ignorant ;-)
  7. twilightwolf

twilightwolf New Member

Name:
    Lone Wolf
    brilliant, tell her i look forward to seeing some of her future pups in the rescue centre i work at.
  8. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    "There are three types of people in the world: Those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.............."
  9. ljru1970

ljru1970 New Member

Name:
    ljru1970
    Surely putting a potential 23.5 inch male with a 14 inch female means there is a high likelihood that a natural delivery is not possible? This was the first thought in my mind when I saw her status. Then followed the despair at the overflowing rescues and the less than ideal crossing of breeds due to the individual characteristics each were bred for.

I'm not anti staffs or sibes and awful too that there are so many of them in rescue :-( . Although you don't see so many at this end of the country, give it time though I'm sure :-(
  10. ljru1970

ljru1970 New Member

Name:
    ljru1970
    Well, 6 pups were born not by C section - thank god.

Pics of them already up on a social network, 3 have homes already! Let's hope they are forever ones.............
  11. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Well so far I haven't had anythign useful to add, so I haven't posted. but I do hope the homes for the pups are forefver homes and that all the pups and the bitch are as healthy as is possible.

Good luck to all of the dogs this fool may own, now or in the future. Something tells me they're going to need it.
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Does it not?

What reasons would a good breeder see in this cross?
  13. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I've heard of a even weireder cross. Frenchie cross Husky pup, less then six months, think around three. Heard about it, when someone called up, and a new home was found through one of the rescue foster homes...
  14. ljru1970

ljru1970 New Member

Name:
    ljru1970
    They're on a freeads site, £350 each.

Funny how they all had homes at the beginning.......
  15. PB&J

PB&J New Member

Name:
    Jess
    There's a litter of the same cross on my local Preloved. Price has been repeatedly lowered :(
  16. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    :shock: :shock: :shock: Poor little mites I hope they get decent owners :cry:
  17. maria123

maria123 New Member

Name:
    Nikita's Mum
    Hi jet & copper I do see your point and there are far to many cross breed staffies in dog rescue centres, when i went to my local rescue centre 3 weeks ago to rehome a dog they was over run with staffie crosses and was fed up with people breeding them then the ending up on the streets , it not good, anyway i ended up with a 2 yr old akita and i named her nikita and she is so well behaved and good and a cutie
  18. RiRi&Sia

RiRi&Sia New Member

Name:
    RiRi
    I have a gorgeous 3yr old husky x staffy and she has all of the best qualities. Shes so perfect and she wins the heart of every single person who lays their eyes on her. Y'all dont know what you're on about.

Attached Files:

19. RiRi&Sia

RiRi&Sia New Member

Name:
    RiRi
    My husky x staffy at the kids bubbler In the park.

Attached Files:

20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    1 - this is an eight-year-old thread.

2 - I do not think any of the previous posters are still around.

3 - Actually most of us do know what we are "on about".

Hang around and you might learn something.
  21. Plantagenet

Plantagenet New Member

Name:
    Jack
    Staffy x Husky. I can recommend this combination! Beautiful temperament. Intelligent, great with children, adults and other dogs. Has been perfectly healthy, no signs of allergies or other genetic problems. Not needy. Extremely affectionate. Bad points.....? Can a dog be too clever? No. Life is sweet for this combo.