Puppy of 11 weeks wines all the time. General Chat

Discussion in 'Newfoundland' started by Iveta, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Iveta

Iveta New Member

Name:
    Iveta

Puppy of 11 weeks wines all the time.

Hello.

We used to have Labs, but we were looking for Newfie for a long time. So finally we decided to adopt newfie puppy. She is 11 weeks old and we got her when she was 8 weeks old. She cried a lot for the first nights, but now she is getting well during the night time when we all sleep. The "problem" is during the day. She still wines constantly. We are with her most of the time, but she seems to have trouble to find a decent place or something. She walks, lays, plays and for some moment she does not wine, but the she starts it all over again. Just this constant small wining. It is really hot outside right now, so she is mostly inside where it is pleasantly cool. I try to play with her, she is fed and gets the attention she needs. We don't crate her ever, so for the most of the day she has our company, except for the night when we go to our bedroom, where she is not allowed.
    So the wining starts to drive me crazy... She is not hurt or in pain, and she is really well, but she just wines wherever she follows me. Then she lays down and wines again untill she falls asleep. Is she bored? Do we need to pay more attention to her? At the beginning when we got her, the wining was OK, because she was looking for her mom and brother, but now she really is finally comfortable in our home and with us, but the wining does not stop. Sometimes it looks like she would look for someone, like she lost something and is trying to find it. But isn't that just too long of the time for looking for mom and brother?
    Did anyone of you had this kind of "problem" with newfie puppy? We really are getting frustrated about the wining as it starts to drive us crazy... Oh, and we do not give her attention, when she wines, just when she stops doing that.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka, Iveta and CaroleC like this.
    She is possibly anxious hence the following you around.
    I would put a baby gate up somewhere and give her a bed and interaction toy or stuffed Kong in that room so she can have some quiet time.
    Get her into a routine ie: play time, feed time, sleep time ect:
  4. Iveta

Iveta New Member

Name:
    Iveta
    Thank you for the answer. It's not like I am walking around all the time. Even if I sit and eat breakfast she lays down and quietly wines. We have pretty good schedule. She eats always at the same times. We go to sleep at the same time every evening. She had her own soft and comfortable den, but she always sleeps on the floor tile in different room (her choice), but goes to the den to chew on her toy or bone. Finally she always peed in there, so we just took away the den and now she sleeps on the tile and tryes to go outside every time shee needs to do things. We give her filled Kong if we have to leave for a short moment, like half an hour. Happened only once.