2 Year Old Mal Diet? Diet

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Andrew Hill, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Andrew Hill

Andrew Hill New Member

Name:
    Andrew

2 Year Old Mal Diet?

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and new to owning a Mal. I will pick my new best friend up on the 5th and I am doing as much research as possible. My main concern is dieting. As experienced Mal owners, can you give me your opinion on how a Mal should be fed at this age? I have an idea, but to my knowledge these dogs are very active and it would need more calories than my 11 year old Yellow Lab. :) Thanks everyone!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    What food is he/she on at present?
  4. Andrew Hill

Andrew Hill New Member

Name:
    Andrew
    He is on Eukanuba 30/20 right now. 2 cups in the morning and 2 cups at night. He looks thin, but has a ton of energy. Thoughts?
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  6. Bella’s dad

Bella’s dad New Member

Name:
    Aaron
    My mal is a 2 year old female. She gets a cup and half of taste of the wild morning and evening. She’s about 70 lbs but it’s solid. The thing I like about taste of the wild is there is a good variety of flavors in the adult formula and the are high in protein.
  7. Johann's Dad

Johann's Dad New Member

Name:
    Nik
    Raw bone-in ribeyes and T-bones every day.
  8. suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Name:
    Brian
    You are my hero! I can’t afford that. Even cheap ones here. I just do a working dog type food (high protein) and call it a day. That is awesome though!!! Definitely a good diet. You get any veggies or starches in or do they even need them?
  9. Johann's Dad

Johann's Dad New Member

Name:
    Nik
    God bless this little beast... No starches or veggie filler. Dogs are carnivores. I aim to have a 20+ year old hund.