What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think the weather has come to a standstill here.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Bright, then cloudy and windy, now back to blue skies and sun.
    A little chilly but I'm not complaining.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    LOL

Well it’s a wee bit better today, we have a sprinkling of sunshine in between the rain, but still cold and windy.:)
  5. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    I had to light the wood stove today for the first time this year. Last week we had temps over 30degrees, today it must have been about 5 degrees with constant rain and chilly wind... Grrrrrr.....
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Another heatwave - and the a/c unit in my salon has packed up. In the middle of a full lockdown so Nir cannot come out.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh dear! Could you freeze some plastic bottles of water?

It is lovely here today, a bright fresh Autumn day.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Been lovely here but starting to get nippy at night.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    @CaroleC - I have two [very] small desk fans than plug into USB ports, so I have one each side of me. One is plugged into one of the USB ports on the side of my monitor, the other one plugs into a hub from the computer, so I can keep reasonably cool with them directed at me - as long as I am sitting here. I have put the a/c units on in all rooms so it is not as bad as it could be.

Hopefully Nir will be able to get here in the morning, even with lockdown, as it will be classed as an emergency journey due to my health. He lives on a Moshav not that far away, and it is permitted to travel for certain work.
  10. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Fingers crossed it is sorted out very quickly for you, Juli.

Drizzly morning here, but we've actually had some elusive sunshine this afternoon.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Guess what happened this morning - I switched on the a/c unit in the salon when I surfaced [rather late] - and it came on! Good thing too as it is roasting hot still.
  12. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Why... you are having all the fun.... How do you put up with all that heat. It sounds horrible.... I had about 3 months of it, yours is going on forever... keep tough and hang on in there....
  13. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Twas my 62nd bithday today and the weather was horrible, having said that yesterday was luvly and I took a ride out in my roadster and saw this guy climbing a rock face with no ropes. Look at the arrow, the guy is the little blip in the pic.... Nutter IMG_20200930_151456_LI.jpg
  14. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    lol.... Yeah that looks like an ant I admit.... the rock face was pretty big and I zoomed in as much as possible....
    IMG_20200930_151541.jpg
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have seen these free climbers on TV and said to OH, 'Must be French', and nine times out of ten they do turn out to be. I am in awe of this nation that produces young men and women that rope walk between skyscrapers, jump off mountains wearing a kite suit, and climb sheer rock faces as if they had magnetic hands and feet. What spirit!
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is far from fun Andrew although now I have a/c I can cope OK indoors, but for many years I did not even have a single fan - or a single heater in the winter, and believe me winters can get very cold, especially in an un-insulated home with stone floors!

Summers do seem to go on forever - with just a couple of weeks between summer and winter, and vice versa. Put up with it? I suppose after all these years I have forgotten what it was like before!
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    [​IMG]
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh forgot to say Happy Birthday Andrew, - or should I say Bonne Anniversaire!
  19. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Happy Birthday Andrew. Nice way to celebrate it. Sunshine and a trip out. What could be better? x
  20. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Happy Birthday Andrew.
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yesterday was hot. And shortly after my last message on this thread the water went off. Apparently the main tap wotsit which is in the yard next door t'other side [not my closest neighbour] blew. So in came the plumber wotsit Yechiel and a digger wotsit and a small other thingy wotsit [I do not know the names of the people], to dig up everything and fix it.

I do not know about the other two, although all of them live on the Moshav, but Yechiel who knows full well that I am not allowed to go out to find out what was going on, did not even have the decency or sense to come and tell me that the water was going to be turned off. Had he done so I would have had time to fill a bowl of water so I could at least wash my hands. Plus water so I could wash salad/fruit etc so I could eat.

I had to telephone Amit, who had to come from town to find out what was going on as Shabbat and the Festival of Succot were due to start at just after 6pm and what was I supposed to do without water?

It was eventually fixed with five minutes to spare. Hopefully not just a temporary stop-gap which will involve the water being turned off again tomorrow, but Amit has made it perfectly clear to Yechiel that if they have to turn the water off again, to tell me first so I have time to draw some water before they do.

It was hot yesterday and it is hot today. What would I have done for a drink if I had not had the water m/c and full containers? In this heat?