GSP

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Brianborus, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Brianborus

Brianborus New Member

Name:
    Brian

GSP

Dear Sir,
    We adopted a GSP from the sanctuary 2 years ago. He is now 4 years and a loving energetic breed of dog. Can you advise how I can identify if he is a pure GSP or a mixed breed? I can send photos and measurements if this can help. Thank you.

Kind regards

Brian
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    If it is important for you to know, I would have a dna test done. If you are only interested in confirming his breed, I believe Wisdom Panel is the cheapest one.
  4. Brianborus

Brianborus New Member

Name:
    Brian
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated. Adopting him from a sanctuary did not enable us to obtain information of his past. But glad we took him in our home. Will check out your directed opinion on the breed issue, many thanks.
  5. robertopena

robertopena New Member

Name:
    Roberto
    Hi my friend, yes I can give you some advice, I also adopted mine 7 years ago. If you can, trace his family tree and check what kind of diseases the dog's father has suffered from, it is a life saver if you can identify early on whether your dog has a tendency to develop any congenital disease, such as hip dysplasia.
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Helidale likes this.
    The OP stated in their post that the dog was adopted from a sanctuary. Because of that, they cannot trace the dog's family tree. This is why they were asking is there is a way to determine if the dog is a purebred gsp - there is: a dna test.