DNA Testing General Chat

Discussion in 'Mongrel Forum' started by Toedtoes, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed

DNA Testing

I have to say that I love dna testing. I love to see if my breed guesses are right or not. Here are the dogs I have had tested.

This is Moose-dog (on the right). I got him as a rescue at 8 weeks old. The foster thought the litter was a shepherd/rottie mixture. I got onw out of three breeds right. Any guesses as to what his dna said?

Bat-dog is on the left. I got her as a rescue at 4 months. She was just considered a shepherd mix. I got 6 out of 7 breeds right. Any guesses?
    IMG_20150806_165956-612x612.jpg

They are both gone now. I now have a beautiful GSD purebred rescue, Cat-dog and her baby brother, Tornado-Dog. Tornado-dog came at just under 8 weeks as a rescue and was guessed to be a border collie mix. I got one out of four breeds right. Guesses?
    IMG_20210202_225452-780x780.jpg

Anyone else dna tested their dogs? How about sharing photos and results?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    I won a Wisdom Panel DNA test once. I used it for Eddie, my puppy-farm bred rescue Beagle
    <-- the big one.
    Unsurprisingly he was 100% Beagle, and his sample sat smack in the overlap between UK and US show populations - just as it should have done.
    I would have loved to have done one for my last dog, Tweed. A former street dweller who appeared to be some blend of Lurcher/Terrier. A true madcap!
    DSCF2026.JPG
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Wow. I'm actually a bit surprised Eddie didn't show any trace of another breed being from a puppy farm. Both your beagles of are darling!

One of mine had beagle in them - I loved the ow-woo-woo-woo-wooing.

Tweed was a gorgeous dog. Looks like a true character.

I've thought about doing my shepherd just to verify, but can't quite justify the cost when I'm 99.9% sure she's purebred.