Going to be 12wks Old Tomorrow! Photos

Discussion in 'Poodle (Standard)' started by BlckStdServicePoodle, Apr 9, 2021.

1. BlckStdServicePoodle

BlckStdServicePoodle New Member

Name:
    DeafGuy
    Does he wear it sideways, like those kids who drop stones from overpasses, hoping that they'll strike an auto and kill someone? Never mind, forget I asked. Apologies for the politics. Shan't bring it up again. Promise.

Anyway. Back to Standard Poodles, for the love of Green Tea. It's why I joined this forum, yes? :rolleyes:

Another person telling me that Standard Poodles can be stubborn, how fascinating. Marlowe is so eager to please it's almost annoying.
    Do you think that it might have anything at all to do with the fact that you're training a Dog who isn't your Dog? Just wondering. I've taught people to train their OWN Dogs but never done the training FOR them so I've no point of reference.

I'm definitely lucky with Marlowe, though. He heard something last night and woke me, took a minute to work out but it turned out to be the bedroom aquarium pump was blowing bubbles and "freaking him out" lol. I added water to the tank, he mellowed straight away, we went back to sleep.
    HE IS A NATURAL, I'm TELLING you! :049:

Doubting that I'll be doing any videos, the more that I think about it.
    The deaf community will just have to rely on someone who is much younger, has the energy, and is merely deaf and not handicapped as well, to do the work someday.
    But SOMEONE needs to do it, as there is NOT any real help out there for deaf people, only for the Hearing, as though simply because we can't hear, we also can't learn. Or read. Or think, much less TEACH. This used to enrage me.
    Now? I just presume that I'm going to be thought of as an idiot, so that I can shock the Hearing.
    And THAT is always TRULY enjoyable. :cool:

Marlowe is at my Wife's clinic today, getting his second round of boosters. Tomorrow he gets groomed THANK GOODNESS because his breeder had him groomed in that "Teddy Bear" cut which, when brushed out, looks completely disheveled as though he'd never been brushed in his life inside of two hours haha.
    Obviously the groomer (we have known her for years and trust her implicitly) will keep him isolated in a bleached kennel for the few minutes he'll BE kenneled, and his visit will only take an hour and a half, he won't be touching anything but that bleached kennel and the tub... not even the COUNTERTOPS, nothing. It's just that we can NOT wait another month for his rabies and final round of Vx or he'll be a wadded-up mess of Poodle-hair no matter how often I brush him out. I'm nervous but not worried, if that makes sense.

This is how he looks about an hour after brushing so you'll see my point:
    MarloweApril2021b.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Ah, I put it wrong. I helped owners to train their dogs.

I'm not a believer in trainers training dogs away from owners because that magical bond is so important
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Aww, Marlowe looks lovely, even if you think he looks untidy after all your hard work brushing him!

DG - I do not know if there are any other Breedia members who currently have Standard Poodles, but does there have to be some in order for you to stay here with us? We are all here because we love dogs and there are many who are very experienced in all aspects of dog life, whatever their breed.
  5. BlckStdServicePoodle

BlckStdServicePoodle New Member

Name:
    DeafGuy
    Well it IS what I was searching for, after all, was a Standard Poodle Forum, with Standard Poodle owners who want to discuss their Standard Poodles, lol...;)