How is everyone in the current situation? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I sent someone to get some cheese for you Marc - he wants to know what kind you would like to go with your whine...
    CHEESE.jpg

Hope you start feeling better VERY soon.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    My lad had a fit related fall about 3 years ago now. Caused 3 bleeds on his brain that fortunately stopped with rest. He still though gets pains in the back of his head if he does too much or it's cold weather.

Head injuries are the worst for getting over
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Physical therapist said what I expected her to say, I’m trying to do to much... so when I got home around noon and was tired, I took a nap. Got up and had lunch, took another nap.
  5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    My brain obviously doesn’t care that I have a big project and timelines I’d like to keep, as well as once I get started building I’m going to have help, and that guy’s going to want to work 6-9 hours a day, 5 days a week. Hard to hire someone to work 4-5 hours a day.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris likes this.
    Marc - what is more important - the project and timeline or your health? Bandit and Katie Mae depend on you and that means they depend on your health. Worrying about timelines is not going to do you - or them - any good, because they will pick up on your worry.
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    I picked up my sunglasses today and this time they fit just like when I originally tried on the frames. I’m very happy with them.

@Malka, I know my health is most important. It’s just frustrating to not be able to work at a pace I’m used too. It feels like it will never get done at this pace, as all I’ve done is tear down a building. I had originally hoped to have the house framed and sheared by the end of May. I’ll be lucky to have the foundation footings in by the middle of May. I’m just venting. I need to find a pace I can work without bringing back my symptoms, that’s the challenge. I’m supposed to be doing things, and expanding the amount I work, as my symptoms allow. Just having trouble finding the right balance
  8. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Getting cool enough for a blanket at night here now .
    Sun came out nicely today after so many weeks of wet.
    Did a bit of car maintenance , then went to drive the dogs out to a bush spot for a run .

when we got down a track it was very wet where we were lucky to not get stuck driving there .
    I did recently get a hilift jack that can double as a winch if need be , however that would be a last ditch resort .

there was some digging beside the track that looked like pigs had been rooting it up.

was about to pull up and let the dogs off when a wild pig wandered into the track , then another , counted 7 I could see before they realized we were coming .

so I couldn’t let the dogs off because we weren’t there hunting and it would have been chaos or a bit troublesome at least .

We had to have a different walk elsewhere instead .

these dogs are keeping me fit ,
    The pup isn’t even close to finished after a few kilometers , when we get back within a few minutes rest he wants to play again already .
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Just to let everyone know that I'm still around. Not posting much as I'm having to stay in bed as much as possible, which isn't pleasing Tikki much as of course if I'm not in here I have to keep the door closed so she can't go out as much as she likes.

I'll try to catch up as soon as I can. The only reason I'm still up now is because I spent nearly all day in bed and have so much to try and catch up on - it's rather overwhelming me because I can't concentrate much.

Hope everyone is keeping well.
  10. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Thanks for stopping in Juli, I had noticed you hadn’t been around. I tried looking at your profile page to see when you’d last had a peek, but you have it set to limit who can see it. Hope you’re feeling better soon!!
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I had to change my profile due to a rather unpleasant spammer who was rather rude [to put it politely] to both @CaroleC and myself very late at night just over a week ago - and decided to follow both of us. Unfortunately I had not been feeling too well for a while, which did not help, especially when it turned nasty.

Anyhow, it turned out to be a reaction to the BP medication I had been taking - a known but fairly rare side effect which can, and did, appear after some years of taking it. It caused quite severe oedema in my feet and legs, and was also probably the cause of the chest pains and breathing problems I had been having. Amit managed to pull some strings and got our new doctor to come round and she found that on top of everything else, I have developed an irregular heart beat.

Olga, our lovely doctor, left some time last year and we had new one but she only stayed a couple of months so now we have yet another doctor. And Health Fund rulings are that doctors can only make house calls to people who are permanently bed-bound, so the fact that I am able to get out of bed cancelled me out and I am, or rather was, expected to go to the clinic. Until Amit put his foot down and bingo, the doctor turned up. She is very nice and said she will definitely stay, unlike the last one.

She has changed my meds and is now going to check on me regularly because of my heart. But I have not been on the computer so much due to having to rest a lot, and when I have been I am keeping away from anything that might be controversial. I am also having some problems with concentrating, which is rather frustrating, especially when I "lose" the English word for something.

I will try and catch up as and when I can - sorry about going AWOL.
  12. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Aw Juli. I hope you are feeling back to normal soon. I bet you were terrified not knowing what was wrong.

My OH had a similar thing with Metformin. Had taken it for years and then suddenly, bang, all sorts of nasty side effects.

We need these meds and they help tremendously, but when they go wrong, they go wrong big style.

Keep that chin up lady and get well soon
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is not just my health that has been causing problems. Next door's mastiff guard dog Nala got loose yet again, came right up to my open door and went for Tikva. And then went for me. I am 99% sure now that Nala is a Cane Corso, but whether she is or not is immaterial, she is enormous and when she reared up on her hind legs to go for me she towered over me when I had grabbed my crutches to get Tikva away from her and close the door.

Now, even when I am not resting and am up for a while, I am terrified that Nala will get out yet again and that the next time I will not be able to get Tikki away from her.
  14. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Is there no way of reporting that the dog is getting loose. A stern word from someone in authority may be all that's needed for your neighbour to make sure the dog is secured safely.

What a bloody awful situation to be in Juli
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It has been reported. I screamed so loudly when she reared up at me that Hai [and another guy] came rushing out of the macolet across the road - I think Hai called out to him next door and he got Nala in. Amit got onto the head of the Local Authority [I think someone else also did - maybe Hai?].

Anyhow, he has been told that if he allows Nala to get loose again he will be fined. Amit says that if she hurts Tikva - or me - it will be the last thing she does.

Nala is not a pet. She is never taken out for walks. She does not go into the house. What do they need a guard dog for in any case?
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I hope you are feeling better soon Juli.
    Poor Nala, she must feel lonely and confused as a yard dog. I do hope the situation improves soon. It is not fair to yourself and Tikva.
  17. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I’m about to get a new laptop computer and I know some of you have had trouble logging in when you used a different device. Any tips? I will be using an apple MacBook Air with my iPhone as a hotspot. Maybe because it will still be kind of going through my phone the site will recognize me..

I’ve never owned a computer, never had the need, but I’m getting it for school. I want to do all the things I’ve been using my phone for on the laptop so I can familiarize myself with it over the next 5+ weeks before school starts
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My problem was caused by forgetting my password. Because I only have one email address, every attempt to change my password results in the message that this email address is already in use.
    I can still view the Breedia site from my new device, but can only add a comment using this clunky old tablet, (with its unknown but automatically remembered password). I may have to set up another email address and identity when this tablet eventually fails.
  19. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    @CaroleC do you log out on the tablet? Or does it keep you logged in all the time?

If you log out and the table auto fills the password field when you log in, try changing your password on the tablet by clicking on your screenname at the top and clicking on "password". The tablet should automatically fill in the existing password field and then you can enter a new password.
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    I have never logged out on this tablet. When it dies I think I would like to adopt a new persona. :115:
    I'm looking forward to being a bit fitter and losing a few years. :041:
  21. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    Well since according to my tablet you are 29 years old and look like a young Claudia Schiffer, I don't think that's necessary. :cool:

I hope I show properly as a 24 year old Isabella Rossellini. Otherwise I'm returning this dang thing - they told me it would make me young and beautiful.