Tikki and the kitty General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Aug 26, 2020.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Poor cats. They don't sound as if they are loved.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Feral cats always seem to manage to find food Carole, and no doubt without them we would be totally over-run with mice and rats as the cats keep their numbers down, keeping them [mostly] out of houses. Quite possibly some people are still feeding them. So they are better off than the poor unwanted dogs that are dumped and end up at the pound.

I am so tempted to put food out for them myself, but then I keep thinking that if I do I will not be able to rely on them keeping rodents away. When I had Kat, at the previous place I lived, she never bothered to even try to catch any mice. But I always make sure I put water out for them in one of my side yards, just the other side of the little wall round the patio. It is as far as I can get to put it but too far for Tikva to reach it.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    There are three baby kitties with their momma who have started their journeys now. They have seen Tikva, who just stares at them, and do not seem to be afraid of her, although the one I saw yesterday skedaddled away when I went to see what she was staring at. It was a little face peeking round my wheelie bin looking at Tikki but did not turn and scoot off until it saw me so.

I had seem momma kitty going back and forth before, but yesterday was the first time I saw a littlie. Earlier I saw two littlies and about an hour ago momma kitty and the three babies were all sitting half way up my ramp - staring in, while Tikki was in the doorway, staring back at them! All are tabby on the tops of their heads, on their backs and tails, ranging from mid grey to almost silver, with white underparts.

There is another one that appears - always alone - and he/she is pale ginger tabby with white legs - that one just walks past without looking in.
  5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I miss littles. I did rescuing for years and always had littles to enjoy.

I miss those little triangle tails that stick straight up as they run about.

My Twooney were from the streets. Someone in the neighborhood brought them home and threw them outside. They showed up on my porch and declared this their home. They are 1 year apart and showed up 5 months apart - Looney1 first at 8 months and Looney2 at 7 weeks.

I see littles looking for homes all over the place and get that craving. I suspect if a little polydactyl showed up I wouldn't be able to fight it - but with just two, they can go camping with me and the dogs and the bird instead of having to stay home. And they both really like to go camping.
    Tiger of the Jungle.jpg Looney1 (aka Tiger of the Jungle) checking out the local wildlife (toad) while camping at the ocean.

Lion of the Desert Rework (1).jpg
    Looney2 (aka Lion of the Desert) relaxing in Death Valley after trying to dig a hole to China. He was only four months.