First time *potential* frenchie owner Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Andyvw, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Andyvw

Andyvw New Member

Name:
    ANDYvW

First time *potential* frenchie owner

marie.jpg Hi all,
    Some days ago we went to the animal chelter to rescue a Frenchie after seing it on facebook.
    It appears this Frenchie was left on its own by the breeder, (The dog was found on the highway).
    It's estimated to be 3 years old, it has some stomach issues and it appears to have 'colliflower'- or bloodears. It also is extremely calm and docile. When we went to visit this baby, the shelter owner fould a lump on the dogs belly. Probably due to a cesarian who was treated badly.
    We are very hesitant to adopt this baby... the lump could be something els and the ears are also troubleling us.
    Any comments? I know this is a high maintenance dog, but I fear this dog has some major health issues... (teary eyes, lump, ears, being so calm as it is...)
    Thanks,
    Andy
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Andyvw

Andyvw New Member

Name:
    ANDYvW
    Some pics to show her posture and also the ears.

She's estimated to be 3 yrs old...

Attached Files:

4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Could you take the dog to your vet for a checkup? Then you could get an outside opinion on the dog's issues before adopting. You could also get an idea as to what type of care these issues would need and an estimate of what it might cost over time.

The ears may be due to the immune system - a known weak point with frenchies.

The lump could possibly be due to a problem with the umbilical cord. I hate to think it was due to a cesarean as that means the poor thing was bred.

From the photo, it also looks like she has a problem, maybe blindness in one eye.

If she has serious issues that are cost prohibitive, it may be a matter of adopting her to live a few years in a good home and be loved rather than spending a lot of money to extend her life a short time and put her through a lot of painful processes.
  5. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    That’s wonderful you adopted him. It makes me so sad that people neglected him. Give him a great loving home.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Jeff, the OP did not come back after the two posts he made, so we do not know whether he did adopt the dog or not.
  7. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hopefully the pup found a loving home.