Berts regular sickness Health

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Neatis, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Neatis

Neatis New Member

Name:
    Thomas neatis

Berts regular sickness

Hi guys,

I’m new here and need some help. My all white Jack Russell who is 6 years old is sick again, for the most part of his life he has had troubles with his abdomen. It can switch in a second, from happy and comfortable too shaking and intensely squeaking somewhere in his lower body (stomach/intenstines). This use to happen monthly but is now happening way more frequently the older he gets. He struggles to walk when it comes across and most of the time this passes after 24 hours and a good sleep. He just licks and bites his back legs whilst it’s happening and It sounds like wind struggling to pass through, or some form of digestion problem. Sometimes he throws up yellow bile when it happens.

I have seen many vets about this, he’s had an ultra sound, pancreatitis tests, blood tests and anal glands emptied just incase but nothing much there. No one can get to the bottom of it, the best they have given me is he just has a sensitive belly and to put him on a hypoallergenic diet. My gut feeling is it’s something worst, I feel like his stomach cramps badly. We have put him on a hypoallergenic diet and he is settled on his food now, but the problem is still there.

We now treat him with baby calpol and probiotics which does help. We are worried the older he gets the harder it will be to recover as well.

Any help with this will be hugely appreciated,

Thanks,

T
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Can I ask what's the main protein source in the hypoallergenic food you are giving?

I ask because with my girl her problems all stemmed from chicken which is something a lot of vets recommend for a 'soft' diet option
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    My Moose-dog had upset stomachs with chicken also. I switched him to a lamb based and he was fine.
  5. Neatis

Neatis New Member

Name:
    Thomas neatis
    Hello guys,

thanks for you response, we have tried him on all types and have settled on simply purina pro plan hypoallergenic biscuits.
  6. Neatis

Neatis New Member

Name:
    Thomas neatis
    Hello guys,

just an update, we sent some poop stools off for testing and one of the results that came back was

Culture Aerobic cultures show a heavy predominant growth of
    BETA HAEMOLYTIC E.COLI

does anyone have any advice on how to action this and treat him for a better future.

thankyou,

tom