New Member Introductions

Discussion in 'Whippet' started by Patrick1942, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Patrick1942

Patrick1942 New Member

Name:
    Patrick

Hi, my name is Patrick. My wife and I are looking for a female Whippet puppy. We realize this may take a while, but we would love to obtain a puppy after June of this year. We don't show or breed, she will be our constant companion. If you know of anyone who plans on breeding this year, please let us know. We have had Kerry Blue Terriers and a Border Terrier in the past, and have always admired the Whippets at dog shows. Thank you very much.
    Patrick
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    If you are in the UK I would advise you to contact the secretary of one of the Whippet Clubs for help. This is a popular breed so there are several clubs - both regional and national - you will find a list of them on the Kennel Club website.
    Breed Club members usually have to sign up to a code of ethics to be accepted. Licensed Breeders have to be passed by local council inspectors. You will usually find a lot of information on breed club web pages.
    The Kennel Club have a list of Assured Breeders who are periodically inspected by KC inspectors for their housing, welfare, and methodical record keeping. Though most of these are exhibitors, there is no requirement for them to be show people.