Playgroup General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by Helidale, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and Helidale like this.
    That hair dryer thing looks positively dangerous
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    There was only one photo of Tal amongst the pics from yesterday's Beagle meet. (She is front, left). Not the best view, but it does show that her tuck-up is starting to come back. Her puppies will be six months old on the 21st.
    The little, elderly lady, (front, right), is a former laboratory Beagle. Released into rescue, she now has a lovely home, but her owner thinks there will always be a lingering mistrust of humans. As Tally prefers a quiet life to the Beagle equivalent of Rugby League, they got on rather well.

Screenshot_20220501-173447_kindlephoto-1045456436.png
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tally is definitely getting her figure back, Carole - has she lost any weight, or do you not weigh her? The little former laboratory Beagle looks so sweet - I think it is horrible that they are put through such things, and fail to see why it is necessary.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I haven't weighed her for a while. Due to the hip problem, she is a bit too heavy for me to carry onto the scales. I am on the waiting list for a new hip but it could be up to 2 years!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is diabolical that the waiting list for a hip replacement is so long. You must be in terrible pain. Everything seems to have been put off because of Covid, and I was reading the other day that many GPs in England are still not seeing patients face-to-face. I have no idea what the situation is here but I believe that we have yet another new doctor. I have not seen her and I only saw the other one twice - she was supposed to be permanent but did not stay very long. The doctor only come to the Moshav twice a week for a couple of hours each time as it is, but apparently this one has only been coming once a week. In fact the last time I even saw our nurse was when she turned up at the end of last September to give the flu shot.

I still can not get over the fact that Tikva will be 7 years old in under two weeks - I have no idea where the time has gone.

Please give Tally a cuddle and ear twiddle from me.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It appears to have been a mix up from the start. This chap says I should have been referred to him 18 months ago, but the rheumatologists did try - they sent me copies of their referral letters. In lockdown, I couldn't get a GP appointment, only with the practice Nursing Sister. Though I was given x-rays, one consultant took retirement and the other relocated during lockdown - the current osteopod appeared later. I had so many cancelled appointments, I suspect there might be some interdepatmental conflict too.
    I was finally seen in the Fracture Clinic - which was like revisiting the 1950's. The board said 143 patients, all were given the same time, 9.10 am. - though for a variety of different issues. i'm afraid there are just too many of us. Everyone was seated in the same waiting area.
    The next day I visited the optician. They are only allowing one person at a time in each area of the shop. The contrast was laughable.
    Tikva a veteran? How quickly the years pass.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I think I had better keep my views about the way you have been treated to myself as I am totally disgusted with the way everything has been handled - or rather mis-handled. It gives me the feeling that once we have reached a certain age we are almost dismissed, with younger, more useful [?] people seen to first. I can only hope that somehow you do not have to wait so long.

Yes - on 15 May Tikva will be a veteran - she not only survived but she thrived. Time goes by in the blink of an eye. She is sitting by the open doorway, watching what is going on outside, just as Pereg used to do, ready to rush out at the slightest thing. She is so lively, so active, and it makes me realise how much the medication must have affected Pereg - who never even reached this age before The Monster won.