My little boy is refusing to eat General Chat

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by Averil Styles, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Averil Styles

Averil Styles New Member

Name:
    Averil

My little boy is refusing to eat

Hello, I am a newbie and I really hope that we may be able to get some help. Our 10 year old Bichon, Benji, has suddenly lost his appetite and is hardly eating. We have fed him Naturesdiet for years which he has ate with gusto but 5 days ago he just point blank lost his appetite and refused to eat. He has eaten one small meal of chicken and rice every day with a lot of coaxing but seems dispondent and disinterested. His poops and wee's are the same (poops a lot smaller) and he still enjoys his daily walks. We have taken him to the vets who gave him a general check up and said there was nothing obviously wrong. We know our boy and we know there is something wrong and we are at our wits end. Please is there anyone out there who has had the same problem with their dogs? Any suggestions would be so gratefully appreciated.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Chris B and Toedtoes like this.
    I would follow your gut instinct. Either go back to the vet, or even try a different vet. If you can manage to collect a fresh urine sample, take that with you. If not, a blood test can often show what is wrong.
  4. Averil Styles

Averil Styles New Member

Name:
    Averil
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hello Carole, thank you so much for your reply. We are taking Benji back to the vets this afternoon and will try and take a urine sample (!) Thank you again, your reply was greatly appreciated.