Buying a blue staffy pup Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by elaine cook, Jan 31, 2012.

1. elaine cook

elaine cook New Member

Name:
    elaine
    Some of the blame has to be with people buying, I mean you look to see which dishwasher is best, so surly you look upaboutyour new pet?!! Or maybe I'm a bit naive about people! My husband was cringing as I gave these "breeders" a piece of my mind on the phone when I realised the extent of there ignorance!!!!! Haha
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. elaine cook

elaine cook New Member

Name:
    elaine
    Oh yet and if anyone knows and reputable breeders breeding pieds let me know as I can't seem to find tenses either! Haha x
  4. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    What you need to do is find those breeders who tend to go for those colours and get on their lists.

If you are going to Crufts you will get to meet plenty of people and you will be able to see what they have.
  5. Heavyweightfather

Heavyweightfather New Member

Name:
    Gav
    I wish I seen this forum before putting my deposit down for a blue staff pup. Anyways I’ve paid now and these tests have been complete on the father and the mother and they are both blue staffs. Can anyone tell me if these tests test for skin issues ?

Thanks

Verified L2hga:
    DNA-Clear
    Verified HC: DNA-Clear
    Phpv: Unaffected
    Patella: Unaffected
    Dentition:Correct scissor bite
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    None of these relate to the skin.
    L2hga is a neurological condition which is more common in unregistered SBT's.
    HC is Hereditary Cataract.
    Phpv is another condition which affects the eyes.
    Patella is a vet check on the kneecaps.
    Dentition is a check on jaw and tooth alignment.
  7. Heavyweightfather

Heavyweightfather New Member

Name:
    Gav
    Hi

Thanks for the information So how will I be able to find out if the pup would be clear of a skin disorder ?

Thanks
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I don't think you can.
    Some blues, - not just Staffies, there are other breeds too - do seem to suffer from dermatitis, but this doesn't mean that all do. I don't know of any tests that are available.
  9. Paul75

Paul75 New Member

Name:
    Paullang
    CaroleC likes this.
    My Bluebell KC registered 14 months old now and turning in to a lovely well balanced bitch :)

Attached Files: