Does anyone have a Dalmation x Collie General Chat

Discussion in 'Dalmatian' started by riasboys, Aug 9, 2006.

1. riasboys

riasboys New Member

Name:
    Maria

Does anyone have a Dalmation x Collie

Hi, I have a dalmation x Collie called Duke..
    He is 6 months old and a delight to have, just wondered if anyone else out there has one as he seems a perculiar cross..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lolo

Lolo New Member

Name:
    Lo
    Nope not me, but i'm sure someone will be along soon who has one or something similar, but hello! anyway :grin: :grin:
  4. bluemerle lover

bluemerle lover New Member

Name:
    jen
    :grin: aww your babe sounds a delight have you any pics:grin:
  5. riasboys

riasboys New Member

Name:
    Maria
    I'm new and getting stuck on how to get them on
  6. bluemerle lover

Name:
    jen
    have you opened a photo bucket account its free and thats what we all use:grin:
  7. riasboys

riasboys New Member

Name:
    Maria
    i have but it makes the pic huge
  8. bluemerle lover

Name:
    jen
    there is a picture resizer which you can download and it makes your pics smaller cant remember what its called im sure someone else will come along and give you the link i will have a look to see if ive still got it and will pass on the link to you:grin:
  9. riasboys

riasboys New Member

Name:
    Maria
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2006
  10. Elizabeth13

Elizabeth13 New Member

Name:
    Beth
    I have a border collie x dalmatian.

Her name is Lady, and she is of a ripe ol' 15 years of age now.

We have had her since she was a baby, a rescue after being abused and dumped on the motorway.

She is extremely active and enjoys her walks, only showing slight stiff joints these days - but with a muscle mass of a 5 year old (as the vet says).

She has distinct blue eye and a brown eye.

Me and her have a bond that is like no other, and she is the most beautiful dog in the world.

:mrgreen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

She is cute

so is that cross a Dollie :D

(up for daft crossbreed names if they are cute)
  12. Elizabeth13

Elizabeth13 New Member

Name:
    Beth
    She wasn't an intended mix breed if thats what you mean.. as she was kicked around and dumped to play with traffic..

(which made her a huge problem with lead walking, but we got through it eventually)

And she's not cute.. she's stunning !

I guess you could call her a Dollie, but from what i've seen of the pups being bred they tend to look more dalmatian, with the small spots and short hair; whereas our Lady is rather long haired with large markings.

I have tons of photos of her :)
  13. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

:D OK i stand corrected, shes stunning
    Shame she had such a bad start in life but looks like she has more than landed on all 4 paws with you

Oh dear people are breeding the cross on purpose :( they work far far better as happy accidents, Love long hair and her markings are perfect

:D whats a camera for if not capturing every waking and most sleeping moment of of doggies - my friends dog even poses when he hears the camera switch on
    Post away :D we all love doggy fotos
  14. Elizabeth13

Elizabeth13 New Member

Name:
    Beth
    Oh, she is a perfectly happy dog, and it shows - she is 15 years old and recently had a small lump removed from her eye lid and all the tests before the operation showed she is in perfect working order, much to the vets shock! So we are definately doing something right!

Our Lady is the oppersite, she's very camera shy. Or rather, camera stuck up almost! The Merry Xmas photo i posted, the third one, was one of many when i was crawling on the floor trying to get a photo of her hiding her head. Then it was almost like she said "Oh go on, just one, be quick!" and she let me take a shot as you can see!
  15. flangie33

flangie33 New Member

Name:
    angie
    Hi I have 3 dalmatian x collies, all unrelated and all completely different. Lolly has a dalmatian mum(black and white) but came out lemon spot, Charlie had a collie mum and is longer coated and Maggies' mum is a Blue merle collie. Both girls are smooth coated. All 3 are beautiful and have fantastic personalities. I'd recommend them to anyone.
  16. colmation

colmation New Member

Name:
    diane
    Hi
    I have a 2 year old dalmation collie cross called Ozzie.He too is a fabulous dog.He is very quick learner, has a brilliant nature.He loves people and dogs but if he is given a ball to fetch or a frizzby will concentrate on nothing else.I take him to agility ( for fun) which he excels at but is handicapped by his rubbish owner.He remembers courses far faster than i can.
    I would never have thought of getting a dalmation type dog until I went to the Dogs Trust and there he was.He was 8 weeks old.He and his brother had been handed in as being too boisterous! When i picked him up he just stared into my eyes as if to say I'll give it a shot if you will.
    Size wise he is just over 2 feet tall and weighs 24.3 kilos.He is very energetic.
    I would inset a picture but I don't know how to.He looks quite like a dalmation but his spots are smaller and he has two big black patches one on his shoulder and one on his bum!His coat is smooth
    It is great to hear from other folk with these dogs.Maybe we could emaill one another
  17. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I would love to see pics of them all.
  18. colmation

colmation New Member

Name:
    diane
    Totally agree Lady is totally stunning.Ozzy my male dolly looks much more dalmation like. Great to hear from another dolly owner. i would love to get another one, especially of the hairy variety.Mine casts a lot is yours the same?
  19. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Colmation sounds much more high class than a Dolly :mrgreen:
  20. Elizabeth13

Elizabeth13 New Member

Name:
    Beth
    Great dogs, most definately. But i wouldn't set out to get another on purpose (aka breeders) but then i am a rescue sort of person.
    I tend to lie more towards the collie side aswell, but you couldn't get a better dog and it is best to have a collie x to take away some of the potential neurotic'ness haha!
  21. colmation

colmation New Member

Name:
    diane
    Yes Elizabeth I agree both about the getting a dog from a rescue centre and a collie cross =this is the way I got my Colmation in the first place.I was merely thinking in terms of comparability for Ozzie- similar nature etc but I suppose that is how folk get drawn towards breeders and in a lot of cases the horrors of puppy farms
    My last dog was a pedigree standard poodle and he was lovely but when he died I decided against another one since, I believe, mixed breeds genetically speaking are usually healthier. After all I was looking for a dog not some sort of designer accessory.