Is she an Irish Staffy General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Sara1210, Sep 5, 2006.

?

Is she an Irish Staffy

Poll closed Sep 10, 2006.
  1. Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Staffordshire Bull Terrier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Nicci, the amount of people in the past that have said my AB x SBT is a pitbull ... I have lost count.
    I am no fan of Ed Reid myself either, but I do know a lot about what he used to be into, and what he is into now. YES Ed was a well known Pitbull breeder, and he has bred some fabulous dogs over the years, and still does.
    Nicci, you say it could just be a crossbred dog - yeah it could be, but being bred by Ed Reid I doubt it. And before the debate comes up about who bred the dog.. with Ed Reid paperwork - it was him that bred the dog. Only his dogs have his paperwork.
    Anyone can say anything they want a public forum, that's what it's hear for.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jax

Jax New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Thats exactly what I was thinking....... Jax
  4. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    I also know a lot about Ed Reid too and what I know I don't like at all whatsoever!

I have no doubt at all that the dog came from Ed Reid but in light of BSL it's simply not safe to post in public what you believe the dog is or is not. A persons IP address can be traced, should the police or anyone in a job to uphold the law have a problem or want to find out more about 'who evers dog' should they have nothing better to do I'm sure Dogsey would have to provide such information should it be requested, so for anyone that wanted to know...the dog is a crossbreed ;)
  5. Helene90

Helene90 New Member

Name:
    Helene
    as breeder of american staffords you should know :roll:
  6. stoneman

stoneman New Member

Name:
    rosco
    Hi , I would have to disagree that all Irish staffs are pitts, there just staffs that are true to the old working lines that have come from Ireland, which would have been very similar to the pit ,as they went into the pits make up , if you look at old pics of kc staffs from the 30's ther is hardly any diff between them and a 50lb pitt, and I personally prefere the more athletic healthy dog , the kennel club has ruined the show bred staff and ebt, how can any dog lover think its a good idea to inbreed a dog and cause it suffering due to its ill health , no better than dog fighters that so say love there dogs . For me its a shame pitts are banned as its the owners and breeders that give this very eager to please dog a bad name , sorry to rant but just love bullbreeds , as an owner of a old type English bull terrier (meaning athletic , healthy and not exagerrated ) thanks Ross
  7. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Sorry, I know this is a very old thread but there is no historical documentation to support an 'Irish' staffy existed prior to the ban on pitbulls.
    Becky
  8. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    A true Irish Staffy is simply a Staffordshire Bull Terrier born and bred in Ireland.
    Anything else is hype. :002:
  9. stoneman

stoneman New Member

Name:
    rosco
    I think many Irish staff men would disagree with that also ther are pics of staffie shows pre 80's in Ireland which show long legged athletic dogs, most staffs in Ireland are from working strains , so are a lot more athletic and tend to have longer legs , so the longer legged staffs tend to be called Irish staffs , as they look diff to show type , although people do sometimes use it as a code for a pitbull ,but even the experts can't tell the difference most of the time ,
  10. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Call them what you like. There is no such `breed` as an Irish Staffy.
    There are crossbreeds and there are Staffies.
  11. K'Ehleyr

K'Ehleyr New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Whether a staffy was born in Ireland, England, Germany, USA it's still a staffie...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  12. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Exactly, STAFFIE shows not IRISH STAFFIE shows. The 'breed' Irish Staffie only turned up when pitbulls became banned in this country.
    Becky
  13. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    As a matter of interest what did these alleged "working strains" of SBT actually WORK as?
  14. stoneman

stoneman New Member

Name:
    rosco
  15. stoneman

stoneman New Member

Name:
    rosco
    Hunting and the pretty horrendous (sport) of dog fighting , baiting
  16. stoneman

stoneman New Member

Name:
    rosco
    May be some Truth in that , as would agree that some people used it to describe pits, but I also think that when the pit was banned Irish type staffies became more popular as the next best thing ..
  17. Snoringbear

Snoringbear New Member

Name:
    Simon
    I agree with Stoneman. A true Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier, is simply a sporting dog from the working strains kept separate from non Irish stock. They would be used for dog fighting and badger baiting. In fact, until 1968 any terrier had to pass the Teastas Mor (Certificate of Gameness) to become an IKC champion. I'm fairly certain that Mike Homan writes about the distinct Irish strains in his books, I don't have them to hand right now, thogh to confirm. There's some other unpleasant info on the net if you want to search for it.
  18. jade the sbt

jade the sbt

Name:
    peter
    for goodness sake, lets eat some cake. love the dog, not the name :)