Bull Arab Discussions

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Discussion Thread, May 7, 2004.

1. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    Just a note: If you use google UK - you won't find anything.
    If you search using Google.com, you will find lots
    :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    sorry moved them in my bucket album :lol:

hear they are again (and this time ill leave them on :lol: :lol: :lol: )

bullarabmix
    [​IMG]

bullarabmix
    [​IMG]

bullmastiff/wolfhound mix
    [​IMG]

bullterrier x greyhound
    [​IMG]

bullterrier x greyhound
    [​IMG]

bullterrier x greyhound
    [​IMG]

bullterrier x greyhound
    [​IMG]

bullterrier-bullmastiff x bullterrier
    [​IMG]

dane-mastiff X ridgeback-pit
    [​IMG]

greyhound X pit-greyhound
    [​IMG]

mastiff x bullterrier
    [​IMG]
  4. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    and there is NO way a type :grin: these dogs come in more that all sizes :lol: , they are a named mix just like the Bandoggy and the Lurcher :grin:
  5. Kellby

Kellby New Member

Hi Bolty our Girl is almost a dead ringer for the forth one down in your photo's (white bullterrier greyhound cross). Our vet reckons she may also have Dalmation in her as well. She has a fantastic gentle nature and is very inquisitive, tried to get into the second shelf of one of our kitchen cupboards cause she saw the cat go in and I guess she wanted know what it was doing in there. Smart as well, taught herself to shake hands after watching our border collie/kelpie do it and get pats as rewards. :grin:
  6. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Fondly Remembered

Name:
    SB
    I think you have misunderstood me Bolty. I was not suggesting that pig dogs are of a type as understood in terms of conformation, etc.:
    As your photographs show, they are nothing more than xbreeds/mongrels :) Successful pig dogs are bred from in hopes of producing similarly game offspring, but there is no such thing as a 'typical' pig dog in appearance, size, temperament, etc. It seems to be the luck of the draw if the piggers get a good one :? If the pups are not 'game' they are usually destroyed :-(
  7. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    that last reply of mine was a reply to Thordell :grin:

sorry Shadowboxer most of the time i confuse my-self so confusing others is done just as easy some time :lol: :lol:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2006
  8. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    and the name bull arab came about by a miss breeding :shock: with a bull terrier bitch called BULL and a doberman dog called ARAB (well thats what some of the bull arab hist says :grin: )

anuther says they came about by Mike Hodgens and is said to be a result of crossing English Bullterriers with English Pointers and or English Greyhounds
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2006
  9. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    would love to see some pics :grin:
  10. tink

tink New Member

Name:
    Natasha
    Interesting thread... a friend of mine has a lovely dog who looks just like a pedigree Bull Mastiff-but she said when she got him years ago the lady kept mentioning arab , and that he had Arab in him,i didnt have a clue what she was talking about !!
  11. bullarab

bullarab New Member

Name:
    hg
    ok hear is the truth a bullarab is bullterrier greyhound pointer any dog that is not that breeding is not a bullarab
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well there we have it, told us!
    Dawn.
  13. pighunter

pighunter New Member

Name:
    Bob
    bullarab is correct. Many of the comments in this six page thread are inaccurate, specifically Bolty's efforts to descredit the animal as complete mongrel. Bull Arabs are bred from Bull Arabs. Perhaps the best out there are bred inline to best replicate the best dogs. Standards are readily discussed among pig hunters. But these are working dogs, not show dogs, hardly pets. The interest is in the job they do and how they do it, not so much their looks or pedigree. If an breed other than Bull Terrier, Greyhound, or Pointer is introduced the dog is no longer considered a Bull Arab. A great boar dog? Yes. A Bull Arab? No.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2006
  14. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    Very interesting. Lovely looking dogs.
  15. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    amazing looking dogs and amazing dogs
  16. pighunter

pighunter New Member

Name:
    Bob
    Hey folks,

These are super rare dogs in this country, and I have never seen them in a shelter, but I have a hot tip that two 9 month old brothers have been dropped off at a shelter in Southern California. I am going to visit them tomorrow, but I cannot keep them. I have 6 dogs, 3 Bull Arabs, and cannot take on more right now. Whether they are Bull Arabs or just great look alikes could be hard to determine, but I have about as much working knowledge of them as anyone around. If I am convinced they are Bull Arabs, I will not let them be destroyed, but I can only foster them for a short while.

If someone here is seriously interested, let me know.
  17. Donut

Donut New Member

Name:
    Donut
    [​IMG]Hey! i never heard of bull arabs until i moved back to Oz from Uk. When i saw them i new this was the dog for me and when a friend offered me one of the puppies from his dogs litter i was more than obliged to have one. My bull arab 'Shady' is a beautiful example of a dog and although he's a large breed,very muscular and perhaps intimidating to look at,i find him a very plassid and non aggressive breed. My girl friend loved mine so much she had to get one,so now we have two- Shady the 8month old stud and 'Domino' the 2month old bitch. I recommend this breed to anyone who adores tuff looking dogs and has the money to feed them. Bull arabs are classed as a special breed and thats exactly what they are,very special dogs.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2006
  18. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    any pics shane please?
  19. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Hope you don't mind Shane your picture isn't showing for me, don't know about anyone else, so I reposted it :grin:

[​IMG]
  20. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    Oh my word just look at them. They are gorgeous. Glad you reposted the pics Anne cos the pic wasn't showing for me either
  21. Donut

Donut New Member

Name:
    Donut
    hello yes i have pics i just have'nt fully worked out how to show them yet,help if you can or bare with me cheers!