Isis Is Not Dumb Wahoo For Me

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jem, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma

Isis Is Not Dumb Wahoo For Me

I'M SHOUTING BECAUSE IM SO SO HAPPY :lol:
    We knew Isis was stubborn but i was having doubts about her mental state aswell :roll: :lol:
    Well when I first got my dog whistle i spent 10 mins with Shila and over 3 hours with Isis and she still didn't get the simple fact i blow the whistle she gets a treat - proper basic stuff.
    WELL found the whistle in my pocket while on the field blew it and who came back first?
    Oh yes you guessed it ISIS!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
    Granted she did mess about when we were walking back but im just impressed 3 hours of what i thought was time wasted turned out to be time very well spent!
    Wahoo for me :lol: :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. youngstevie

youngstevie

Fabby........

So she probably got it all along....just making you think she hadn't...........:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Well done.
  4. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Wooooohoooo for Isis lol

I'm convinced they only do stuff when they see fit lol. I decided to increase Ace's exercise levels by taking a frisbee out with us.

So there I am, ankle deep in mud on the field, shows it to him, throws it and he gives me a look which just said 'well that was a bit stupid, you're gonna have to go and fetch that now' and like an idoit, I did!!!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  5. chaosjoey

chaosjoey New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    Yahoo for Isis and you, Jem!!

Forgive me if this is a dumb question :!: but do you find that their recall is better using a whistle rather than your voice? Chaos' recall leaves a lot to be desired! and I wonder if that is partly because of the command we use or the tone of our voices when we call her. Or maybe she's just too stubborn for her own good!! :grin:
  6. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    Well done Jem, good training always pays off!
  7. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
  8. chaosjoey

chaosjoey New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    He he!! Thanks, Jem.
  9. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    She sounds a lot like Inka, he shares his brain with his sister, but then again some times he looks like he knows what hes doing, its those times I shout about too Well done Isis xx
  10. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    I have a whistle for Kismet too. Much better. Before I'd call her, she'd look over and think, now was that a you're about to do something dangerous or muddy and probably fun call, or a we're all going on the lead call? Or just a come and get a treat call? Does she sound mad at me yet? Now she knows whistle always equals treat, so may as well go back. Works in all occasions except one... "I already have a treat mum, this dead rabbit is far yummier than anything you have in your pocket". She comes right over as soon as she's finished:)
    We're just working on, no not any human will do, you need to come to this one... But this is not helped by well meaning other dog walkers giving her treats when she bounces over and looks cute at them! Grrrr
  11. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Fab! It's wonderful when you have a moment like that.

Re the whistles - i do find that my terriers respond to a whistle better but the others are better with my voice. Guess it's different strokes for different folks but i do find that using a whistle for back up can make a big difference in bad weather or different environments where your voice doesn't carry as well as it might.
  12. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    See? Patience is a virtue ;)