Mission: Elkhound General Chat

Discussion in 'Norwegian Elkhound' started by Gypsum, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    its very sad that someone who had people to turn to, felt it was necessary to rehome a lad before he really has had any chance at settling in, etc it makes me angry when people dont give dogs a chance, having said all that if same person can give up on him already he is better off somewhere where he has half a chance at a forever home.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    This is so sad :( She only had him a short time, give the dog a chance :( Could we not set up some sort of "mway car tag" to get him back to his breeder? Would the rescue rehome to his breeder?
  4. Archer

Archer New Member

The rescue have been great but it sounds as if they have a very good home lined up for him.They always do home checks adn keep tags on their rehomed dogs and are going to pass on his breeders details for them to get in touch:grin:
  5. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Glad to hear that Archer, the original lady contacted me but I thought she was expecting too much from a dog she had only owned a few days and said I thought he would need to gain confidence in her before she could introduce him to a stroppy horse, however my knowledge of stroppy introducing an adult dog to a horse stroppy or otherwise is very limited.

Can't spell stroppy and not sure there is such a word but you get the idea.
  6. Archer

Archer New Member

Yes Jackie ,I know what you're saying.It seems as though she contacted anyone she could hoping to get the answer she wanted!
  7. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Think really she was just trying to rush things, he needed confidence in his new home and owner before he was introduced to something he has no experience of.
  8. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    this is horrible-but if she has done it once, whats to stop her going out and getting another dog and dumping it in rescue because they didnt get on with the horses!
    Some people really dont have a heart...
  9. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Lola doesnt get along with our horses ~BUT she just doesnt go to the stables..plain and simple..
  10. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    Gosh this is so sad. I really thought this person had done the right things - researched breeds etc.

I know it was very important to her to have a dog that was good around horses, as horses were her life and it probably wouldn't have been practical for the dog to stay at home all the time as it would've had a very lonely life.

But to have pushed the dog into the situation with the horses and made up her mind over such a short time is very wrong...and then even worse, not have the decency to conact those who helped her find the dog to explain what was going on and ensure the dog got back to the breeder or breed rescue.

Assuming that all that we hear is true, I hope the OP is is very ashamed of herself.

Fingers crossed that the dog gets a home that is prepared to give him a proper chance.
  11. stunt monkey

stunt monkey New Member

Name:
    paul
    any dog if confronted by a huge stroppy horse would probably be unhappy, get them on a lead introduce them slowly from a distance ,they need to learn to trust their owners and be comfortable in their surroundings. this person just wasnt prepared to put the neccersary work in and really should get something less involving .