Attitudes towards Chi's? Discussions

Discussion in 'Chihuahua' started by Mouse, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    The thing that alway springs to mind when I think or talk of Chi is the day I attended a show in the south of England.

It was outside on a lovely day but the person who mowed the grass had not taken it very short and although my breed were not at all bothered on looking into the next ring I realised it contained Chi.

Now the only reason I knew this was because every now and again when being moved they jumped up as if to see where they were going, how on earth the judge assessed their movement I have no idea.
  4. SKing87

SKing87 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    A lot of it comes down to ignorance if you ask me
    Big dogs, little dogs, they're all dogs. Its the owners who make the difference.

I've owned toy breeds [pugs mainly], large cross breeds, GSD's, no breed or size was any more or less 'dog' than any of the others.

I don't think the 'toy breed' category helps either, just because its a small dog, its not a toy. My pugs were more alert and intelligent than any other dog I'd met or owned, I think smaller breeds can be very misunderstood.

Ive met several chis, they seem lovely. If it weren't for my big rescue girl treading on the little dogs all the time i'd probably have another small breed myself :D

There is a man who lives down the road who has a cute little dog - I think its a jack russell / chi cross. Big sticky-up ears, dome head, and its white black and tan. Gorgeous little thing !! It seems very sociable to me. Not blinged up either.
  5. Harleygjc

Harleygjc New Member

Name:
    no longer around
    [​IMG]

This is my chi/jrt cross boy, and he does get a lot of attention as people are not quite sure what breed he is. all of the people who have spoke to him so far have been fine with him! although due to that fact he was mistreated he is VERY nervous of new people but he's slowly improving.

When people see my others barking and generally going nuts through the car window they all seem to love em on sight!! thing is they don't realise if they were to put their hands in, then one in particular would love a finger sandwich.

But I do believe that these so called celebrities have chi's just to show off and it does give the breed a wrong image, some seem genuine but not all.
  6. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    I have always had toy dogs except for one collie. I love them but I think those that pick their dogs up every time they see another dog coming does them a dis-service. Also so many do not take them to training because of large dogs in the class (always thought large dogs for the most part less hyper) and would and did accept my 6 lb yorkie very well. Of course we all have to be aware of problems that could arise but some protect too much IMHO

We have a Chi here in the complex and it was scared to death when it first moved in and bit a few people. It was the only dog ever that didn't like me and now we are great buddies and I have come to love the breed. It was a rescue and god only knows what the poor thing went though in it's beginning years.