My Old Tyme Bulldog Photos

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by bughead525, Apr 2, 2009.

1. bughead525

bughead525 New Member

Name:
    andrew

My Old Tyme Bulldog

Hi guys, my Old Tyme Bulldog turned 6 months yesterday and weighs 74lbs or 36kg, i never saw the parents and i have read all statistical info on the breed but i'm trying to get a rough idea based on his weight now, how large he will be. Any ideas?[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    hey bug,phil here..fine looking fellow you got there ...i had a male that weighed 98 lbs......i feel your guy will grow into his front end ,so to speek,!!! id add onother 15 pounds for this guy....welcome to dogsy
  4. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
  5. dardar

dardar New Member

Name:
    darren
    HOW ARE YE BUG, COULD I JUST ASK YOU ARE THEY HARD TO COME BY AND HOW MUCH DO THEY COST THANKS DARREN. PS SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITALS, FORGOT THEY WERE ON.
  6. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Welcome to the forum, it is difficult to say as we do not know anything about the parents but he has a lot of growing to do as he is very high on the back legs at the moment and the front will need to catch up.

Because at the moment all his weight is falling on his front I would keep exercise to the minimum and although you will have to feed I would not be at all anxious to increase his weight until his conformation is much more balanced.
  7. IanIOW

IanIOW New Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.I agree with what Pita has said above. Its a shame you don't know anything about the parents and what lines they are bred from....Cheers..Ian.
  8. bughead525

bughead525 New Member

Name:
    andrew
    i'm not too sure really. I found him in a local add for £400 needing very quick sale. Gave her 370 but i have seen them go for over a grand
  9. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    What age was your boy when the photo was taken I would guess a good bit younger than 6 months, has his front grown to match the back yet? I ask because it could be the advice I have given may not be correct if the conformation has now corrected it's self.
  10. bughead525

bughead525 New Member

Name:
    andrew
    no this was about 4 days ago, why? does he look small lol
  11. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    No not at all I am a bit surprised his topline has not levelled out by now, that sort of bum high look usually passes before 6 months but I guess some dogs are late in acquiring their adult conformation. Do not over exercise or allow him to jump down because there will be a lot of weight on his front legs that obviously have not finished growing yet.

Time enough to let him rush about and get some extra weight on, if he needs it, when those front legs match the back.
  12. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I had a Lurcher who looked like a kangaroo at 6 months :lol: Her hind legs were so long her back sloped forward. She ended up beautifully in proportion though. I`m sure your boy will too.
  13. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Sure this dog will end up with correct conformation as well, it is the amount of weight on the front legs, obvious in the photo, that worries me, a Lurcher would not have the same problem.

It did seem the owner thought that the dog required more weight and that is not something I would wish to encourage as additional or too much weight may well cause problems with the dogs joints it would be best to wait for the limbs and joints to finish growing.

The photo shows that the front limbs are sill much shorter than the rear and the rear have little angulation as yet so better safe than sorry and let the pup take his time to mature before food or exercise is increased.
  14. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    sorry to hear this,although your dog is tagged with the label OTB he really could be anything from a first time cross to anything in between,i feel its a shambles breeders can label dogs like this, he was bought as a pet i,m guessing? and he,ll prob turn out a nice pet, being honest at that age he does look quite unbalanced keep an eye on his progress and best of luck with him,ones at higher end of market re established lines
  15. Bulldog1972

Bulldog1972 New Member

Name:
    Anthony
    Hi There

If i can do this right i am trying to get some pic's up of our olde tyme.
    He is just over 8 months and weighing in at just over 30kg about 5 stone. He will not get any taller but will get a bit wider, we did get to meet his parents and the dad was a big dog. Dillan looks very much as if he will take after him so i thinks another few pounds on him.Dont really know what size to be honest as they are all so different.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I hope you can get to see these pic, the wife is having a nightmare trying to get these on here.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009