NIS - What happens now? Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Borderdawn, May 1, 2009.

1. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Luz, Perhaps they had concerns that you might be directing members to the new site that most people think you and your partner started (though it seems you have not made the names of those behind the site public )....

I have been told about the nasty comments posted about Dogsey and some of its members on the NI site, did you as Secretary of the NI society defend Dogsey the site which gives all of you freedom to speak? I think not.
    Sorry, I won't be sympathising with your predicament.

Yet more underhanded goings on with the Wolfy looking breeds people, it seems there is no end to it...:-(

Also please note this sticky from Admin....

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=76050

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Luz you have my support - I know exactly what you are going through and the dirty, underhand tactics of the NIS.

I am pleased you have seen the light and seen them for what they really are.

This has happened time and and time again - and its about time people saw the common denominator.
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I think this sums it up for me!
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Luz and I have crossed swords before as most of you know, however I know she isnt liar and what she is saying is correct. Good on her for standing up for those who have no choice, those who are lied to.
  6. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I dont know who is feeding you that information but prove it and I will hold my hands up, but this is untrue, I never got involved with the other forum.

Regarding posting relevant to dogsey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Its not for me to stop that.

And I am not pointing anyone to another forum by my comments I only made referral to the old forum of the nis.

And I dont want any sympathy thanks Im a big strong girl now. ;-) ;-)
  7. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Dawn :) I have been a member on this site almost from its inception and during that time I have read most of the posts made by the 'Wolfy looking breeds people'. I have watch the name calling, back stabbing and constant bickering between the groups.

I note there seems to be a word missing from the vocabulary of many of the NI people...
    Loyalty
    ..loyalty to fellow members of a society,
    ..loyalty to people who purchase the dogs in good faith thinking they were a breed soon to get KC recognition (as I saw posted here many times at one stage)
    ..loyalty most of all to the Dogs themselves, Northern Inuits the breed they were supposed to be promoting.

If you belong to a society and don't agree with people, in my book you stay and fight your corner, you don't go off as some have done and start another society/change the name of the breed and when that doesn't work out say you are not breeding a breed after all but 'a type' , where does that leave the people who purchased a Northern Inuit from these people?

Dawn you yourself have been saying for years that there were some people in the NIS who at the least lacked integrity , did anyone listen to you then? No, and why was that, perhaps it wasn't convenient to do so at that time.

I make no secret of the fact that I think it was a bad idea to attempt to create a breed by crossing two types of dog with different characteristics which may not be compatible ( the GSD/ northern breeds and if some are to be believed a bit of wolf) just to satisfy a whim of some to own a dog which looks like a wolf . Such a venture is not practicable in the world of today where once used methods like culling are rightly unacceptable.

However I do feel very sorry for the many genuine people who own these dogs and of course the dogs themselves. They seem to be the last ones to be considered in all this squabbling between the various 'sides'.

What happens now you ask, that is anyones guess :neutral:
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    To get back to Dawns original question:?

I guess , what happens now is another round of back biting, bickering, brake away groups, new breeds .

No wonder these dogs will never be recognized...by the KC, as with each argument/fall out, there rises from the ashes another "type" and another committee , all with their own interpretation on what should be!!
  9. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    I have to say as just an ordinary NI owner I admire the stance Luz has taken. There were clearly issues going on that she needed to address and good on her for addressing them and sticking to what she so strongly believed in.

I also strongly disagree with what the NIS have done, it was completely and utterly wrong to just start another forum and avoid the issues. For a Society that has had so many accusations of secrecy and issue avoidance levelled at it, I would have thought it was about time they started to act in way that would not give people the reason to accuse them of such things.

It would appear that even after all these years, alot of lessons still need to be learnt.
  10. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    from what i have read its hardly surprising is it. this doesnt appear to be the 1st time that someone who sung the nis praises was "got rid of" or left.. then a change of tune condeming the nis. then in some instances rejoining them as though nothing has happened.
    im sure theres a few on here who could say "i told you so" but it really is hardly surprising isnt it.
  11. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    well said the whole thing is a bloody shambles,
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I dont deny there are loyalty issues within this type of dog breeders Mini, Ive never denied it, thats why they are in the state they are. Yes it probably was convienient for many to dismiss it, but they cant now can they? Although some still try to, everything that comes out will ultimately help the dogs as people are exposed for what they really are. If they can prove their innocence, as I believe in THIS case Luz can, then Im all for it.
  13. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Dawn :) as they say there are two sides to every story (but in the case of the Wolfy looking breeds people let's make that 10ish). No doubt some members of the NIS will say they have good reason for their actions.

Based on my previous experience of members /ex members of the NIs I have learnt 'what you see isn't always what you get' and I haven't been given any reason to believe the word of one person over another when it comes to deciding just who is telling the truth.

If some people had concerns about the goings on within the NIS (and we both know there have been problems of one kind or another for years ) why has it taken them so long to do anything about it. Sorry Dawn but it seems to me certain people are only prepared to speak out when it suites their own interests, then they don't hesitate to stab 'former friends' in the back .
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
  14. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I agree, but am still pleased that people are doing something about it now.
  15. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S
    Luz- I don't do the politics and stuff that goes with the dogs, but I am always interested in hearing if their are any health issues, that you think have been swept under the carpet or the truth has been hidden about.

Also we all make mistakes, and sometimes we want to believe what we are told, it's called being human:) so Luz, I admire you for speaking out now xxx
  16. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    exactly what I was thinking....nothing will change if everyone leaves...

I don't know the entire "other story" but know enough that it seems more and more like friends just bickering and everyone else is just getting caught in the wave. There were rumors of the first forum being threatened/ransomed to close down completely (which is why they went and made a new one)...I, for one, am happy that didn't happen. :lol: I couldn't have survived without good forum time for a few weeks...plus I get so many updates about my puppy on the forums for different members that go and visit...I would be a little upset to miss out on that...

I don't see why everyone thinks there is all this secrecy...I was in the members only area and there wasn't anything that I would say was "secret" just people with personal problems that probably wouldn't have wanted their life stories open for the world to see...

I have talked, at length, to several other committee members and have asked the chairperson about all this (as I was quite upset when I heard about this first) and I have to say that my "loyalty" is still with NIS, as are others who have seen both sides...

That being said, I still like Laura a lot, and I have always enjoyed Ian's perspective on things and I enjoy the forum he created...I just don't agree with spilling all this mess into others hands...people who have less knowledge on the topic are going to go away with assumptions that are not fully accurate.
  17. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I am wondering why the usual are not coming to defend the nis? This is very unusual?
  18. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

It is lovely to see you back here, Laura, I mean that, but I recall a time when you were involved with the NIS that you stated that you would no longer post on Dogsey, or words to that effect. Perhaps, for now, others feel the way you did?
    I don't know, but it might be for the same reasons and explain why the people to which you refer haven't posted.

I'm sorry that you have felt it necessary to leave NIS and that you are disillusioned. Sadly, I have come to a point where there is nobody in this type of breed - NI, Ute, etc. etc. - that I trust.

We live and learn.
  19. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    gotta say ive seen so many change their mind in these clubs that i would find it hard to trust them as well.
    seems most have more faces than a coin.
  20. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Ok sadly I would not trust anyone 100% who is involved with NI's .

One thing that has bugged me for a long time and was one of the 1st questions I asked on the NIS and before I got banned is where are the older NIs.

It worries me where are the NIs over 8 my thread was closed down.

And anything discussed about myself Laura I would like to see.
  21. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    For once kcjack I agree with you :shock:

I also would like to know what happened to the older NI's, but sadly I do not think this is something we will ever find out for sure, as JK is very good at keeping things "undergroud" as it were :evil: and I don't think this is something Luz would kown.