NIS - What happens now? Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Borderdawn, May 1, 2009.

1. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    BUT someone must know, where the hell are they?

Hey Marie how you read my post thought I was blocked? Or did you just miss me to much?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    I'm too nosy and wanted to see what you said lol :lol:

Yes someone knows... JK!
  4. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Misty's dad is about 13 if that helps! :)
  5. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    I for one have been to busy with my dogs all day to come here and 'defend' the NIS, we dont need to defend ourselves, Laura, for weeks you have been telling us that Ian could 'pull' the forum any time he wanted, that, to me, is blackmail, what would we have done if he had taken it upon himself to do that. We had no alternative but to get another forum up 'just in case' and it seems we were right to do so as you systematically took away all our moderator functions until it was just you that had sole power over the forum. since Ians split with us, your paranoia has gotten increasingly worse, cant blame you, you were in a difficult position, but you made it difficult for everyone else. As for passwords, when I handed over the webadmin to Ian as I was in the middle of moving, HE changed all the passwords to the site, without telling anyone, what gave him the right.
    Im so sick of all these accusations of underhandness, you yourself werent totally upfront were you, and Im so sorry that our friendship meant dick to you at the end of the day, you really surprised me.:-(
  6. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    My Timber is 11 in July:grin:
  7. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    My step aunties mum's Ni is about 10/11 bought directly from Julie K
    Kate Balto cant be about 13 he must be younger then that surely?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
  8. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Dave told me Balto was 9 (almost 10) when I got Misty and Misty is 4 in august.
  9. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    God I didn't think he was that old when he was used x
  10. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    NIS - What happens now? ...................... erm.............. I would have to say the answer to that is, NOTHING!!

The general feeling being promoted on the new forum is one of friendship, co-operation and wonderfulness of everything NI. Unless someone comes forward with irrefutable proof of wrong-doing, it will be business as usual, nothing will change, no lessons will be learnt and the person/people who caused this latest hiccup will be off the christmas card list forever :grin:

My take on it is that Laura felt there were problems and had concerns. After raising these within the committee area, no answers were forthcoming so she posted them in the members section of the forum.

With regards to the claim that Laura was blackmailing the NIS with threats of shutting the forum down, I would like to think that someone who had obviously worked very hard for the society for quite a long time would not have done this without just cause. You can not question someones integrity and then be surprised when they attempt to defend themselves.

As the tales unfolded, it has become apparent that Laura's concerns where completely correct and this has been proven in how quickly the new forum became live.

I personally would have liked to have seem some attempt on the committee's behalf to resolve Laura's issues, rather than just taking their ball in and refusing to play anymore!!! :grin:

When problems are raised within the Society itself, this should be a clear indication that things are not going quite how they should.

JMO
  11. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    It was never the threat of Laura closing the forum but her partner who, Laura freely admitted, held the master password for the forum and she also admitted that he could close the forum down if he so chose, this was held over our heads for weeks, Laura did a fantastic job as secretary, theres no denying that, but with regards to the forum, she was in a difficult position, one I wouldnt choose to be. Its a shame this has happened, for all concerned.
  12. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Had Laura's partner intended to close the forum down surely he would have done so at the time he resigned? This would seem logical and I can not see that he would have wanted for Laura to have her name dragged through the mud and alienated in the way she has been. Afterall, it is Laura who has ended up on the outside whilst the rest of the NIS carry on as though nothing has happened.

Again JMO.
  13. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    how many people in the past have left or been "kicked off" the committee?
  14. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Very good question DL.
  15. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I resigned! I held the positions of Treasurer and Health Co-ordinator for a time.
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Can we ask why?
  17. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    seems the word from nis is they kick people off.. reality is it seems a lot of people leave. a few to start new clubs. does make you question things doesnt it.
  18. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I got fed up of all the bitching, backstabbing and under-handedness that went on. Forever being undermined and constantly being slagged off behind my back, all for the sake of trying trying to do things by the book and in the interest of the dogs and their owners.
  19. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Thats such an evasive answer what everyone gives,

Who was backstabbing?
    What did they undermine you about?
    What were they underhanded about?
    Whats was in the interest of the dogs?
  20. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I have awnsered in that manner as bitching isn't going isn't going to achieve anything and whatever I say will only be met with do you have 'proof' and if not probably only end up being branded a liar (in some cases I did but when I split with my partner everything was left on his pc).

I don't want to be dragged into never ending arguments I just want to be able to enjoy my dogs without all the politics.
  21. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    well said angelmist. give it a rest for once kcjack. you're getting boring, you dont need to know ALL the fine details do you? i think what angelmist has said is enough.