NIS - What happens now? Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Borderdawn, May 1, 2009.

1. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    very good post, that is how I see it. I am only interested in my dogs not the politics of the clubs. As committee members have resigned from both NIS and Tida, would it be a good time to put their differences behind them and work together for the sake of the dogs? If the split between NIS and Tida was all the fault of SC, and SC is not chair any more, what is stopping the two groups admitting the other side has a point and rejoining for the sake of the 'breed'. So much time and members money is put into running two clubs, two calendars of shows, two breed rescues etc ect. If JK is not president and SC is not chair, what other reasons but politics and power are there for the groups not rejoining. The only differences I can see are Tidas stand on inbreeding, and increasing NI the gene pool, and their differing point of view on the history and founders of the breed. I am sure that between two groups of adults they could sort this out

The NIS has had many splits over the years, SC can't be blamed for them all

my loyalty is with the dogs, not the clubs.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    From what I understand, there is more talk between the groups. However, Tida plans to do some outscrossing, and NIS stands against that. Not to mention that its is believed that some Tida dogs are already from outcrossed litters and it would call into question which are full NI and which are not...
  4. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    To be honest there is no such thing as a 'full' NI as the reality is this breed is still very much in it's infancy and was not originally bred to any standard. I would only class a dog as a 'full' breed if it has had at least 5 generations of breeding reasonably true to some sort of standard!
    From the pedigree's I've seen NI's are in desperate need of outcrossing!
    Becky
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thanks Angelmist, seems this has been going on for a long time. Never ever have I known about a group of people who do this to eachother, who claim to have the same interests at heart.
  6. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    yes I agree with you on that, and some of the pedigrees have been questioned too
  7. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Yep it should make people question things - I did it and so did a number of people before me. When I left so did other committee members - one stayed for a while because we wanted to see what reason they gave in the Minutes - as it turned out they didn't.

But this is a pattern that has gone on right from the outset.
  8. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Thats not an evasive answer at all - its Kate's reason and most peoples reason.
  9. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Here Here!
  10. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Some of the NIS dogs are outcrosses - but the difference is they don't admit to it - dogs just turn up with no history and are used.

Another difference in the clubs is they have different breed standards.

I don't hold any faith in either of the clubs to be honest - there is very little to choose and one is as bad as the other.
  11. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Thats it - exactly!

The NIS do it underhand and won't admit to it - the only pedigrees that are not inbred are the ones where dogs have come in that bear no relation to any other NI at all - but they won't say what the dog is or its true ancestry.

TIDA have spent over two and half years talking but not not doing anything - from what I have heard they are still undecided.

Some of us are getting on with doing what has to be done for the good of the dogs and we are keeping accurate records, chip numbers and DNA profiles so there can be no coverups and everyone knows exactly what is what. We are also working on a breed standard to aim for.

Meanwhile, nothing much is going to change while JK remains with the NIS, people will continue to leave and new people will be sucked in and will believe what they are told - for a while, until they too see the light and leave.
  12. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    Lunakitty, have you seen some of the paperwork for these dogs? there are father and daughter matings. now tell me theres no need for outcrossing.
  13. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I said when still Secretary the NIS committee should all be replaced with a fresh group of people who have the best interests of the dogs in mind.

I got no answers to questions I asked for over 4 months. This is supposed to be a Committee working in the best interest of the members & dogs. They dont, they do what is right for themselves. They close ranks and push you out if you dont tow the party line.
    This is what I have felt they have done to me as I questioned some of what was going on and they felt threatened by that.
    This wont change in my opinion whilst this committee is in place and everything will be glossed over until the next issue blows up.
    I have to agree with Kate that now off the committee the stress has gone and I can enjoy my dogs without the bitching and hassle.
    Im too happy to let them bother me now. Ive got my own new venture with Zack the Welsh section D :) :) :)
  14. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    Did this happen recently?
  15. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I believe that certain people have agendas, and certainly not the dogs at heart. What I would like to say is this: I find it hard to have anytime for people who have bred these dogs, made money from them , and now slag them off. If people like this didn't breed in the first place, then surely the bad situation the breed is 'supposed' to be in now would not be? There would be far fewer dogs , more of a type and the future would look brighter.
  16. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Likewise had the NIS been more welcoming to said people rather than alienating/rejecting them because they did not want to answer the questions they had raised, then maybe the whole scenario would be far better!!

I'm sure the NI as a dog is wonderful but unfortunately they seem to be drowning in the ego's of an odd few.
  17. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark

so are u against jk then?
  18. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark

yes, ive seen one which is less than 5 which has inbreeding on its papers and im sure there are many many more.
  19. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    You are sure because you have proof? or because you believe it to be true? who was the breeder?
  20. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    of course i have proof. ive seen the papers.
  21. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark

in case you missed it the 1st time.

so are u against jk then?