Newfoundland dog lover General Chat

Discussion in 'Newfoundland' started by Aaron Williams, May 15, 2024.

1. Aaron Williams

Aaron Williams New Member

Name:
    Aaron Williams

Newfoundland dog lover

Hi to you all i am Aaron a lover, owner and breeder of Newfoundland dogs with more than 20 years experience in the breed. I am new here please accept greeting from me to you all in this loving community
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Welcome! My prior dog, Moose-dog, was a shepherd/poodle/newfie. Great dog. He was a big softie.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome to Breedia Aaron.
  5. Jackie W

Jackie W New Member

Name:
    Jackie W
    Hello Aaron - I'm fairly new to Breedia and also to the Newfoundland breed. I would love for your input on reactivity from a Newie. I have an ongoing thread about my 4.5 yr old female, who now has become reactive with one or two neighbourhood dogs, with which folk have been extremely helpful in their responses. In the wider world, all you ever read about is how wonderful Newfoundlands are, how gentle, how kind, etc.. and as far as humans go, that is what my girl is, however, she's no pushover and if a dog attacks her, she goes back at it, and (what I'm now dealing with), is remembering that dog, and running to attack it first. I'm now having to keep her leashed all the time, which is such a shame, as she loves playing with her many friends on the local beach and fields.