What diet does your terrier have? Diet

Discussion in 'Terrier Forum' started by Mcpherson, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Mcpherson

Mcpherson New Member

Name:
    Victoria

What diet does your terrier have?

Just out of interest, what do you feed your terrier on? Which products do you recommend?
    :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    hiya i have a bichon x westie and i know both can get skin problems

i recomend james well beloved its free from literally everything! and £6 worth lasts me about 3 months!!

i am just about to try Iams aswell as i have this for my cat who has skin problems and it has cleared that up & his coat is fantastic!

i also give him chicken & ham & tuna & mini dpog sausages in saice, not alot just to 'spice' up his dinner!! and give it a bit of flavour!

he also has bones & bakers teeth chews for his teeth & choc & tog drops to go in his kong. also some other treats (cant rem wat they are)

and he is fine on that & seems to love it all! :D
  4. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    My fox terrier x whippet is raw fed :)
  5. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    My terrier mix is 9" tall and weighs 8kgs but eats large breed complete, he loves the big chunky bites and refuses to eat anything aimed at small breeds. So no special food, he eats the same as the others.
  6. Leema

Leema New Member

Name:
    Tegan
    One of my border terriers is raw fed entirely.

The other is fed "Advance" puppy kibble during training sessions, and raw food when I can't be stuffed training.
  7. sjpurt

sjpurt New Member

Name:
    sam
    all my lot are on pro plan adult for the jrts and large breed for the labs, they have chicken legs twice a week as a treat and they love it.
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    My Borders have raw, sometimes Naturediet or Forthglade.
  9. Mcpherson

Mcpherson New Member

Name:
    Victoria
    can i be very ignorant and ask what you mean by raw fed? Do you literally mean raw meat etc or is it a brand?
  10. dsmem3429

dsmem3429

My jack russell has Skinners Field & Trial, which is similar to Burns but cheaper and is also made near me.
    He has it down all the time as my Morthern Inuit eats it too, they just help themselves as neither are pigs.
    They love it.
    They also have the occassional tin of chappie and also raw chicken wings as well as raw carrots, cucumber and apple and any table scraps... ie they lick the plates before going into the dishwasher lol.
  11. Tori

Tori New Member

Name:
    tori
    My cairn terrier gets either James Wellbeloved dry kibble or Naturdiet trays. He also eats fish(mackrel and sardines) and loads of vegetables(broccoli,cucumber,cauliflower etc.)
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yes raw means raw meat and bone. :grin:
  13. strawboss

strawboss New Member

Name:
    Steve
    My Airedale gets Wellness lamb rice & fish kibble
  14. Westie_N

Westie_N New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    Both my dogs, one being a Westie (an incompetent terrier) , are fed mainly on Burns and Arden Grange, Naturediet and Applaws. They are also getting raw chicken wings now every few days and I'll gradually get them on to one chicken wing a day eventually, and perhaps the odd chicken leg and lamb rib.

They also like the usual like mince, chicken, ham and beef and also the occasional bit of cheese, which they love. Liver is also a firm favourite with them.
  15. MissE

MissE

Name:
    Pat
    my parson Jack has James Wellbeloved Duck as her dry kibble. For treats I cook either a liver/oats or a tuna/oats thin flapjack thing.
  16. ticketyboo

ticketyboo New Member

Name:
    Dorothy
    I feed my Cairns twice a day on Iams.
    For a treat they sometimes get a spoonful of natural live yogurt or a little bit of fish with their tea.- they also get a thin slice of raw carrot daily after breakfast.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  17. border pop

border pop New Member

Name:
    BORDERPOP
    Both my cairn terrier and border terrier are fed wainwright's dry food mixed with a little Naturediet for palatability. My cairn has suffered terribly in the past with skin and ear infections put down to allergies to beef, wheat, pork and dairy products. This food seems to agree with her. my border is a very fussy eater, i don't like bowing to her whims but she seems to like this food too. My cairn on the other hand would eat a buttered brick!
  18. alice0675

alice0675 New Member

Name:
    Ali
    I've recently changed from Burns to Robbies and he loves it :grin: