5.7 kilos General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

5.7 kilos

Ram has just been here for Tikva's three-monthly Parkworm shot, for which he has to weigh her 5.7kg - and he has stopped saying she needs to gain weight. He does not even want me to take her for another blood workup as he has accepted that she is very strong and healthy even though she is skinny.

He has left a Bravecto tablet as IIRC she has to have it with food, clipped her front claws, and gave her a good check up - and Tikki is now sulking because he went. She adores him and he adores her, and I had my usual lovely hugs from him.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I wish everyone had such a wonderful vet as Ram. He is one very special guy.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Awwe! Great to hear your doggys r in such good care! :D its hard to find a good vet around here that doesn't charge u an arm & a leg!:confused: i like my vet because they always draw up a paper of things they wish to do & the cost. I can pick what I want done that day & they work around my budget. And they aren't pushy either! Its great when you can have a good vet!:D:049:
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Jessica, Ram looked after Lexi and when he realised how difficult it was for me to take her to the surgery, he used to come here. But that was only for her yearly check-up and booster. With Pereg I had to take her to the surgery for her three-monthly blood tests, but with Tikva? The assistant vet he had at the time he handed her over as Tikki's primary vet, but when she left to do more studying [I think] Ram took over.

And it really is a love fest when you see Ram and Tikva together.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    We had an absolutely fabulous vet for the first few years here. Unfortunately, he went back to Spain and I'm not as comfortable with the other vets at the surgery. The only other vets in striking distance I would never go near again after how they treated Jade so I'm a bit stuck.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    At the moment Ram is working from 9am-8pm whereas normally his secondary vet works from 3pm but she is on holiday, although Ram is on emergency duty out of hours, the phone going to hos home. I have only seen her once and that was when Tikva had a major allergic reaction to something. I did not like her and Ram knows why, but he says she is a good vet otherwise he would not employ her and I trust his judgement, but there is no way I will take Tikki there again unless it is a dire emergency.

So because he knew Tikki's Parkworm shot and Bravecto were due, he came round when the surgery was quiet and he had time. The surgery is in town and depending on the traffic lights, it does not take him long to get here.

Trying to remember back, Lexi was happy with him although she screamed blue murder when she had to have her anal glands emptied, and Pereg was as good as gold - never blinked each time she had blood drawn, and once she was on raw she never had to have her anal glands checked. They were both happy with him but not like Tikki who absolutely adores him, and has never had to suffer the indignity of anal glands emptying. Not that she would bother. As far as she is concerned, Ram can do anything and everything to her and she would let him.

Ram is just a very special guy, as well as being an excellent Vet, and I know how lucky I am with him.

[I also love his hugs!]