All things NI General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by kcjack, Sep 23, 2008.

1. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia

All things NI

Was thinking with no NIS members here due to there boycot we can start having som good conversations and maybe start getting somewhere with all the nastiness.

Whats your biggest isuues with the breed?

And what would you do if in charge to change it?

My biggest issue is the lies and the secrecy behind the breeding. I believe there is alot more health and behaviour issues than we will ever be told.

I think it has been clearly proving the pedigrees are made up as they go along not even cleverley as they show so many mistakes, the only solution I can see to this is DNS testing. I believe the motive for creating the NI as breed is/was financial gain so with DNA, HD testing plus addisons, VWB and eye testing the profit wil dwindle so feel these tests wont be done.

As a NI owner I want to know the history of the breed what they are made up of ect ect.

It has clearly bothered me since the begininng that if the breed has been going 20 years where are the oldies apart from Mahlek who lived to 16 and 1 somebody knows up North who is 12. That is just not good enough in my eyes, 20 years of breding and literally no oldies.

What do you guys feel about the whole NI situation?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    boycott? how come?
  4. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I dont know but be nice to talk about the real issues and maybe we guys might get somewhere.
  5. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    i'm a member be careful...
  6. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Yes but you must be left of the important list LOL
  7. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    nows your chance then kc, names and numbers please ...facts and figures...
  8. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    i didn't think so...
  9. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Ok lets start with the pups that have died and its not just the 2 recently that we know about. These were not new born pups they were about 8 weeks with symptoms of tumours and bleeding into the joints, this is not normal and a high incidence rate in such a small gene pool.
  10. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    And what about the apparent blatant lies on the pedigrees?
  11. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    well then tell us about it facts c'mon name n shame you know your dying too lol
  12. hayleybella

hayleybella New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    I'm getting Dejavu *yawn*

KC Jack do you ever gain anything by starting these arguments?
  13. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    i'm away to bed, please don't feel obliged to answer kc shes a law unto herself...
  14. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Its not that easy as well you know as some people that have confided in me dont want to be named.

I started with the pups so lets here your view?
    Lets here your view on the false pedigrees?
    Lets here your view on the president having animal cruelty convictions against dogs?
    Where are the oldies?
    Cmon lets hear it
  15. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Be nice for us to have a civil chat for a change as nothing gets resolved as threads get closed.
  16. hayleybella

hayleybella New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    Probably due to people banging the same old drums over and over and over and over again.................

:roll:
  17. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Hummm thats not constructive and OT can we keep OT
  18. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    I agree with the "yawn" from hayleybella, two pages in and already the tone of the thread is inflamatory.

I know nothing about the breed so cannot comment on the op's questions etc, but i really can't see how having the same type of threads over and over again on dogsey is going to resolve any issues at all. In fact i am sure it won't resolve any issues! I'm not sure what will, but i know that this is not the way to go about it as we always end up with the same arguments, accusations and insults going back and forth and round and round.
  19. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Problem is no one sees the way forward or whats going to best which is part of the reason for this thread, was hoping some sensible people may have some sensible ideas.
    I think if the original questions were answered then half the issues would disapear.
  20. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    But even if people did give answers on here it is still not going to resolve anything, it is not a registered breed, no one can force people to do health test, no one can force registered breeds to do health tests! Non N.I. people like myself can give answers til we are blue in the face, not that i have any, but that isn't going to help because we are not the people breeding the dogs!

The only way issues can be resolved is for owners and breeders to get together and agree the way forward, and from what i see on here......that's never going to happen!

So, why do we have to have another one of these threads?!!! There are no answers that can be given on here that will solve the problems. You want people to admit that there is a problem and admit to puppies dying etc, but doing it on here in this way hasn't worked in the past and i really can't see it working now. I understand you feel passionately about it but surely there must be better ways to go about it that adding another thread about N.Is to dogsey.
  21. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    But there is no other way, thats the problem.
    I really do believe many NIs are ticking time bombs and having lost my girl recently know the pain involved in having a sick dog and watching her die in my arms. Now my girls disease couldnt b avoided but many NI issues can.

The only way these breeders will do the relevant tests is buy people been aware and not buying till they do the tests so thats why these threads are relevant